Author Topic: Tyrell Warren and Josh Askew  (Read 3162 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tyrell Warren and Josh Askew
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »
Full backs Warren (21) and Askew (22) have joined BUFC.  Both having previously been at Salford.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrell Warren and Josh Askew
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 06:05:50 PM »
Warren had some good performances last season so a good signing and now have the left back which was the main position left to fill. I make that 17 first team players so proberbly signings about complete. Looks a good squad on paper, could we possibly make a serious title challenge this season?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 09:33:40 PM »
One more big one to come.
We have also signed our under 19s keeper.
Lots of rumours that Ricky Miller is coming back, but l don't think that will happen.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 08:02:31 AM »
Warren had some good performances last season so a good signing and now have the left back which was the main position left to fill. I make that 17 first team players so proberbly signings about complete. Looks a good squad on paper, could we possibly make a serious title challenge this season?

We had 17 players on our first team squad photo last season, but from memory there were a couple missing (definitely Wafula and I think someone else). Then there was Jake Wright added on a long term loan very soon afterwards. So I'd probably expect a couple more to get the squad size similar to last year.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixture-news-mourinho-11583569

When you read this and see where Tyrell was just a few years ago, it demonstrates how tough making it into the big time can be.

Must be a huge challenge mentally to these youngsters that go from knocking on the door of a Premier League team place to playing in such as the NLN within 3 years.

Good luck to him.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixture-news-mourinho-11583569

When you read this and see where Tyrell was just a few years ago, it demonstrates how tough making it into the big time can be.

Must be a huge challenge mentally to these youngsters that go from knocking on the door of a Premier League team place to playing in such as the NLN within 3 years.

Good luck to him.

Yeah I was wondering about this and did some Googling. By all accounts Warren was outstanding at U18 level, but when promoted to the U23s looked completely out of his depth - "worst player in the squad" was one review - and was soon ditched.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 01:57:06 PM »
Warren has been playing for Chester on trial this pre-season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/