Author Topic: Gainsborough it is.  (Read 3328 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gainsborough it is.
« on: September 02, 2020, 05:57:55 PM »
Looks like our first few home games of the season will be played at Gainsborough.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough it is.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
As always, a very decent and realistic appraisal of the current situation from David Newton. I'm sure I'm not the only supporter who will make every effort to get to games if they are at Gainsborough. After all, it's not much further for me than a 'home' match. The Chestnuts must be supported after everything they have done and are doing for the club. UTP.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »
Not the end of world, half expected it to happen in the current climate.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »
Hopefully will only be 1 or 2 matches. Will find out fixtures next week. Hoping league will have given us first few matches away given situation. Not sure how many fans will go to Gainsborough it's about 1 hour 20 mins from  Boston in the car so not the shortest maybe 400 to 500 make the trip.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
Hopefully will only be 1 or 2 matches. Will find out fixtures next week. Hoping league will have given us first few matches away given situation. Not sure how many fans will go to Gainsborough it's about 1 hour 20 mins from  Boston in the car so not the shortest maybe 400 to 500 make the trip.
Coaches could be an option, but with the current public transport segregation rules, it probably wouldn't be financially viable for BUSA to run them.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 10:39:46 AM »
How many spectators will be allowed into the ground on Saturday and what social distancing rules will apply? 
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 11:38:58 AM »
Maximum 500 tickets sold, and the normal rules that people are supposed to adhere to when in public.

They should be marking some of their main stand seats as unusable (I think it's every 3rd seat is usable), then it's up to individuals to ensure social distancing when standing on the terrace.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 03:31:19 PM »
Radio commentary from Gainsborough  https://www.gainsboroughtrinity.com/news/live