Author Topic: Stand Seating  (Read 2627 times)

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stand Seating
« on: August 11, 2020, 05:09:21 PM »

Just put up the live camera - looks like they"ve started installing the seats!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Seating
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:20:24 PM »
Looking really good. At one point was mentioned having just black and amber seats with no words. This looks far better.

Seeing photos of 2 other clubs in our league that are also moving into new stadiums for the new season much prefer our stadium to theirs.

York's new stadium looks very bland with no identity. Mix of different colour seats (the pattern and colours remind me of throwing up), whilst it's bigger than ours I much prefer the look of ours to theirs.  Plus to me a proper non league / lower league ground should have a mix of standing and seating areas unless the club have ambitions of getting into the championship.

Gloucesters rebuilt stadium, whilst fair play to them for getting it rebuilt reminds me of what we could have if the owners had tried to build us a new stadium as cheaply as possible to meet National North standards, instead we're getting a very good new stadium built to EFL standards.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »
Looking really good. At one point was mentioned having just black and amber seats with no words. This looks far better.

Seeing photos of 2 other clubs in our league that are also moving into new stadiums for the new season much prefer our stadium to theirs.

York's new stadium looks very bland with no identity. Mix of different colour seats (the pattern and colours remind me of throwing up), whilst it's bigger than ours I much prefer the look of ours to theirs.  Plus to me a proper non league / lower league ground should have a mix of standing and seating areas unless the club have ambitions of getting into the championship.

Gloucesters rebuilt stadium, whilst fair play to them for getting it rebuilt reminds me of what we could have if the owners had tried to build us a new stadium as cheaply as possible to meet National North standards, instead we're getting a very good new stadium built to EFL standards.

Yeah I agree. In some ways I actually quite like what Gloucester have done with their stadium - the way they've created hospitality boxes out of shipping containers is something I've not seen done in that way before and it is quite quirky. But fundamentally, the place has been done on the cheap. I absolutely understand why but had we been swapping York Street for that it would've been a massive downgrade. As it is, we're getting a very high quality build indeed - the Chestnuts certainly know what they're doing, and have really put a lot of thought into the design. Some are criticising it for being a bit bland but I think once the final stadium is eventually finished it'll be a lot more loveable that it has looked during the construction phase. The quality and size of the West Stand, the wrap-around roof, and proper concourses in particular will really mark this out as an EFL-ready stadium.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:08:03 PM by Pete B »

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:10:58 AM »
Our bowls club's clubhouse is made of shipping containers. No-one's ever called it quirky!