Author Topic: Kendal  (Read 8279 times)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Re: Kendal
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »
Thommo bought in Adam Boyd, evans got rid of him, what a master stroke, oh and evans got rid of jermaine Easter, I wouldn't say evans had any great ability to spot talent, he had noble on the bench too often. His tactic was more that if a trawler, he worked through dozens of players, by good fortune he would find some decent ones. Didn't he refer to noble as a performing seal? Always the motivator.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 10:33:05 PM »
Boyd went before Evans returned - but wasn't the whole thing stopped because the Hartlepool chairman doubled the asking price overnight?

Easter had one good game for us (Notts County, 2 goals in a late 4-0 win) and missed sitters after that. Didn't look anything like a Championship/League One striker.

Not making excuses, just giving an opinion...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
Technically Scotty is right and Boyd did leave before Evans returned. But Ken's site reveals that he played three games under the Sotnick regime and, whatever they said about Rodwell managing us then, does anyone believe that Evans wasn't having influence on any important decisions? Boyd at twice the price would probably been worth it...

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
LP I disagree with you and tend to agree with Adam, under Evans it was all way too negative. Every away league game we went away looking for a 0-0 using tedious time-wasting tactics from the start of games, this coupled with some very cynical challenges helped to make us even more despised than for the reasons already outlined. I remember defending the club against other fans but now we are on the receiving end of such tactics and looking back we really where appalling to watch. We where more adventurous at home but even then I'm afraid that the 4-3 against Luton was the exception to the rule.