Author Topic: Kendal  (Read 8288 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Kendal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
What a complete and utter Steve Evans

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »
Good Ashcroft is a twat

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »
Is this first time hes been in trouble with the FA?If so its a bit harsh considering it took the FA around 10 years to dish out this sort of punishment to Evans!

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
Ashcroft may have been wrong in whatever he did or say, but sometimes it just drives you nuts to watch some men in fancy dress go on an ego trip and pretend to be something they are not, referees who know what they are doing. Poor old Rob Scott has had to bite his tongue on many an occasion when the comedian in the middle is utter crap, and the fa do fa about it.  :bunny

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
What a complete and utter Steve Evans
seem to reckonise that type of banter, could that be you andy butler  ::)
"till saturday comes"

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »
The Boston United Evans' loyalists are still out there! Not like attendances have risen since his departure ;-)

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
The Boston United moronic society are still out there (apparently)! Not like attendances have risen since Evans' departure, but that’s to be expected given the financial mess that the ‘messiah’ left us in and the consequent drop down the divisions.

Fixed that for you.

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
Not really fixed  ???

It will always be a split decision, some say he is the devil, some say he is the Messiah.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Evans still has a good fan-base, it sure was exciting times under his tenure.

Enuff said.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »
Russian Roulette certainly gets the heart racing, don't fancy a game though, unless I can use someone else to take the flack
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Not really fixed  ???

It will always be a split decision, some say he is the devil, some say he is the Messiah.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Evans still has a good fan-base, it sure was exciting times under his tenure.

Enuff said.

I don't really want to cover old ground, so I'll try to be concise. I'll admit that it was exciting up until the summer of 2002. Two championships in three years and promotion to the Football League was, at the time, a great adventure.

However, since that summer I personally have hated that man's guts. I'm not really one for hating people in general but I take a lot of pride in our football club and that man sullied its name beyond recognision. He cheated. He lied. He broke the law. All while working at the club. Travelling around the country, we were hated by fellow football fans. But did he care? Not one jot. Never once has he apologised or taken responsibility for this.

Quite how anyone can look back on his time in charge from February 2004 to July 2007 as exciting is beyond me. We played tireless, long-ball football with players on wages we couldn't afford. His gang of buddies who'd bought the club were only in it for the land deal, that much was clear once the money dried up after planning permission was denied.

Evans characterises everything that is wrong about the greed of modern day football. He only cares about himself and making as much money from it as he can. He doesn't care about the people who he hurts along the way and who are left to pick up the pieces. Quite how anyone can put a couple of years of exciting football ahead of all that amazes me.

Apologies for delving into the past people; I just felt that this post needed responding to.

Scots Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »
Well said AJH, good post.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
Some need to read Hallgarth post over and over again....and again,and just in case you missed one word..again!!!!...bang on. Lets move on  and hail to Dave,Neil,Cookie rest of board, Rob,Paul and this team for a big honest promotion...FINGERS CROSSED!!!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »
AJH has made a number of very valid points and has put them across very eloquently. Congratulations to him - he clearly would have been an A-grade English student even before GCSEs were made easy.

There is only one comment within the post that I would slightly disagree with:

Quite how anyone can look back on his time in charge from February 2004 to July 2007 as exciting is beyond me. We played tireless, long-ball football.

There were occasions within that period when actually the football was exciting. To give one example, I'd have to say that the 4-3 win (after extra time) in the Carling Cup against Luton Town was amongst the most exciting matches I have ever seen.

I think also you have to compare the style of football under Evans against that which we played under his predecessor, Neil Thompson. Thommo is someone I will always hold in the highest regard for the way he took up the reins and coped with everything that was thrown at him. He has more integrity in his little toe than Steve Evans has in his entire oversized body and it was shameful how Thommo was treated to accommodate Evans' return. But equally I felt that too often Thommo picked sides with the intention of "not conceding" a goal. If we didn't score, then so be it. It was all a bit too defensive and unambitious for my liking. Evans' return gave us more attacking presence for a while, and signings like Danny Thomas and David Noble made us a more exciting side to watch. Were they good value for money? Absolutely not. Was it good management to bring those type of players and salaries to the club? Clearly not. But I think it would be slightly unjust to say that we weren't excited at the time.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
Good comments from AJH & LG . sadly i could not muster much excitement seeing the set-up at the club .