Author Topic: Alex Whittle?  (Read 3648 times)

tigerroar

• View Profile
Alex Whittle?
« on: August 05, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »
Any good? We've signed him from you.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alex Whittle?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 08:21:45 PM »
Very. Seems like he's been swayed by you going to between part and full time next season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
Didn't see that one coming, quality signing you have there, are you going full time?

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »
Hybrid. Some full time, some part time.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 11:03:50 PM »
How are you managing that on your gates?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 07:27:59 AM »
It appears he's been offered a two year contract at Gloucester. Whilst I'd have happily seen him back at the Quadrant next season (got to get used to saying this), two year contracts are a bit of a gamble for any clubs at our level,, especially when players are travelling a long way and presumably on good money. Liverpool to Gloucester must be nearly as far as Liverpool to Boston. What happens in the second year If Gloucester get moved sideways into Conference South? Would a player still based in Liverpool want to see out the contract when the away games are in London, Kent, South Coast, etc? Are Truro still in Conference South?

Seems Gloucester have sold the club's "ambition" to a number of their new signings. True, they've got a new ground to move into and there's optimism around moving back into their own city, but I'd be disappointed if they come across as more ambitious than ourselves with a, new ground of our own and a near miss in the play offs. Gloucester is one of those places, like Worcester and Northampton, where the local football team has often played second fiddle to the local rugby side; culturally it is one of those places which may always have a high profile rugby side and a football team operating several levels below. To achieve Gloucester's ambitions and justify what they're spending on players they'll probably need to tap into extra support, and that's going to be hard when a large percentage of the local population prefer different shaped balls.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »
the Quadrant next season (got to get used to saying this)

Jakemans Community Stadium will be the name of the new ground.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »
the Quadrant next season (got to get used to saying this)

Jakemans Community Stadium will be the name of the new ground.

For commercial purposes only, that'll be the name of the stadium for as long as the sponsorship deal runs. But there'll be a permanent name as well - presumably the Quadrant or Pilgrims Way?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
It is just "Community Stadium".

The Quadrant is the name of the whole development, including the housing, restaurants, hotel and potential expansion towards Chain Bridge.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
I think "off down Pilgrim Way" has a ring about it (and maybe one day a song)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 08:42:49 PM »
Does annoy me that as soon as someone leaves there are some fans that berate the player for doing so. For money etc.  Its a job. People need security. Check his twitter feed. Alex thanks for what you have done for the club in what has been a memorable season.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
I've just had a chat with him, he seems a very grounded lad, he's been through a lot in his football career. Pleased to have him at my club.