Author Topic: Proposed 20/21 league start.  (Read 1738 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Proposed 20/21 league start.
« on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:36 AM »
3rd October subject to government approval.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed 20/21 league start.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »
Felt inevitable first Saturday of October would be start date since the government announced crowds back at matches start of October. Although, being outdoors going to a football stadium feels far less risky to me than say going to a pub or cinema.

Big question now is will our new stadium be ready for October? Going to be tight but i'm thinking it will, looks like good progress has been made recently. David Newton said in a radio interview a month or 2 ago that league have said they will be flexible given the current circumstances and will help with fixture scheduling so that first few games could be away games. However if we don't get promoted first match on Oct 3rd will be FA cup and 50/50 if home or away.

Also if we win on Saturday and get promoted will need to have the East Stand ready for March to comply with National league rules, chairmain didn't seem too phased by being able to do this and I think this was broadly inline with stadium plans to have East Stand done around then. Hopefully East Stand will be done well before March as we will need the extra stand if reduced to 30% capacity for social distancing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:58:13 AM by Lee Newell »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed 20/21 league start.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
I believe the aim is 2 stands by end of September, 3rd by January...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/