Author Topic: When will we know  (Read 4743 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
When will we know
« on: June 18, 2020, 02:46:45 PM »
Is there a deadline when teams have to confirm if they will enter the playoffs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: When will we know
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »
I'm sure that will be forthcoming once the league gets the governmental go ahead...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
Thanks pilgrim86

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
You'd hope the government says yes or no by Monday... then give clubs until next Friday to say yes or no.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:41:08 AM »
We will have home advantage against Brackley or Gateshead, in the semi final.  In these unusual times being at home is no advantage. So in my opinion, to give us an edge, we need to play at a ground closest to the player base. Thoughts?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
We will have home advantage against Brackley or Gateshead, in the semi final.  In these unusual times being at home is no advantage. So in my opinion, to give us an edge, we need to play at a ground closest to the player base. Thoughts?
Harrogate would be an option, Craig has a good relationship with Mr Weaver and the club.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
Harrogate have playoff games too though
Doncaster? We can train there I think still

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 01:52:51 PM »
Harrogate have playoff games too though
Doncaster? We can train there I think still

From the quote below I read in an online Boston Standard article, it seems we have had to move just outside Doncaster.

United have found a new training base a few miles from their usual haunt at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium, which remains closed.
Elliott has described the club's new training centre as 'perfect', and not just because it's close to where they normally meet up.
"We've got somewhere sorted just outside Doncaster. It took a lot of sorting out but we're slowly getting there," he added.
"It's just seven or eight miles outside Doncaster so it's not too bad. A nice grass surface as well, so it's perfect to be honest."

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 02:35:28 PM »
8 or 9 miles from Donny lies Frickley but don't know what the surface is like there.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 02:43:07 PM »
Just been thinking, Jonathan Van Tam I am told has been involved with advising the football authorities on the return of football at the highest level. Would it not be a good idea to get him to advise the club regarding the our preparations for the play offs? I know you follow this site Jonathan so what do you say? I will stand you a pint as reward.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52:03 PM »
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/clubs-return-to-training-ahead-of-the-national-lea-62489

Bit of a write-up from the National League. Assume we've got the government go-ahead... just waiting for the FA to rubber-stamp the decision of PPG for the league tables.