Author Topic: Fund-raising  (Read 1842 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fund-raising
« on: June 15, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »
It may be tonight's wine talking, but what about these ideas (I apologise if they've been mentioned elsewhere):

1] When my other team (Derby) relaid the infamous Baseball ground pitch, they offered mementos of the old pitch, as in the photo I hope I've attached (haven't tried this before). I'd certainly buy a sample of the York Street pitch.

2] I have a framed photo of the old Baseball ground (a rather unatmospheric aerial view, unfortunately). I'd love an atmospheric photo of York Street.

and

3] Like the rest of you, I've no idea what's going to happen next season (or even this, at the time of writing). I feel the Chestnuts deserve as much support as people are able to give, and I will buy a season ticket for next year even if I don't see a ball kicked in the flesh.

It probably is the wine, but that's how I feel!

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fund-raising
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 05:29:20 PM »
If we do have a play-off match (or two) streamed online and BUFC has any say in it, one idea would be to have a 'pay what you want' viewing fee. Fans could be encouraged to donate whatever the admission fee was likely to be, with no obligation. It'd be a similar idea to what the National Theatre has been doing over the last couple of months.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fund-raising
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »
And that, of course!