Author Topic: New Ground  (Read 4192 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Ground
« on: May 29, 2020, 08:45:43 AM »
I made my first visit to Boston yesterday since lockdown to see my very elderly parents (in the garden, distancing observed, of course) and drove past the new ground. What those of us out of the area who rely on the helpful webcam can't see is how much progress has been made with the entrance side of the main stand. It really is beginning to look very impressive and gives me great confidence. Well done to everyone. UTP!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »
It's looking good. Hopefully the current coronavirus situation hasn't lead to funding issues to complete the new ground. Wonder if next season is delayed until early 2021 the whole ground might be finished and we will be moving into the new ground completely finished?

Going to miss York Street but a lot to like about the new ground, we will still have one of the best grounds in national league north.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:29:51 PM »

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »
Looking good that main stand, will certainly make a great first impression as fans go down Pilgrim Way. The main stand will be the one stand that will be significantly better than what we had at York Street.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 03:22:50 PM »
Typical of me not to look at social media for updates........

Thanks for the photos. They only confirm what I thought yesterday.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 06:34:11 PM »
That is looking so good! Just can't wait to see the first game. It would be ironic if we had to play behind closed doors to start with.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
That is looking so good! Just can't wait to see the first game. It would be ironic if we had to play behind closed doors to start with.

Well at least we will be able to watch the games if they leave that web cam up and running.   UTP

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »
Is climbing up the Stump an option? I suppose that is closed as well though.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »

Well at least we will be able to watch the games if they leave that web cam up and running.   UTP

Speaking of the live web cam it is good to see that work on the pitch has resumed, everything we prayed for is happening if you can buy a brick,a bush or tree no matter what it will all help to get things finished.  UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »

Speaking of the live web cam it is good to see that work on the pitch has resumed, everything we prayed for is happening if you can buy a brick,a bush or tree no matter what it will all help to get things finished.  UTP

I have bought a brick in the Fan Wall, Oxo. I was born in a small cottage hospital in Wyberton in the '50s. For all I know it could have once stood where the new stadium is now. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

stevie

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 04:29:03 PM »
Wyberton West hospital was quite a way from our future home.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
Indeed, it is off Wyberton West Road, and now a care home (Meadows Edge Care Home).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/