Author Topic: BURY  (Read 2282 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BURY
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:17:17 AM »
My mate has just told me, Bury are applying for the National league next season.  He read in the paper.  Has anyone got the link? If that's the case, should they not be playing in a much lower league? 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: BURY
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
My mate has just told me, Bury are applying for the National league next season.  He read in the paper.  Has anyone got the link? If that's the case, should they not be playing in a much lower league?

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/18405357.bury-owner-steve-dale-targets-place-national-league/

During our football league days Gigg Lane was the closest away ground for me - 7 miles door-to-door - and I have friends who are Bury fans. Coincidentally, one of them sent me a text this a.m. with the above link.

You'll notice in the article about the phoenix club, Bury AFC, applying for membership of the North West Counties League. The proposed 'undisclosed groundshare' is is rumoured to be at another ground we've visited before - Radcliffe Borough FC's Stainton Park. We've actually played both Radcliffe Borough and, back in 2009, Leigh Genesis there.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:38:55 PM by Kearsley Pilgrim »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »
So afc Bury apply for nwcfl bit the original Bury are still going and hoping to get in the NL?
Bit like Northwich Victoria and 1874 Northwich this

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »

They have been expelled from the EFL, therefore their natural next division is the Conference Premier. This can be rejected, but they may be accepted and placed in Conference North.

The club still exists, and apparently the debt of the ground (the mortgage) is currently up for sale, as the company owning it has gone into administration. This is the light at the end of the tunnel for them, as it might see them keep Gigg Lane, if they can somehow survive (their court hearings keep getting adjourned).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »
Steve Dale keeps paying just enough to adjourn the winding up orders!
It's happened about 15 times now