Author Topic: National League Statement  (Read 18841 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: National League Statement
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
York are threatening Legal action if 2 clubs are not promoted from NLN as the same as the NL.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 10:16:47 AM »
York are threatening Legal action if 2 clubs are not promoted from NLN as the same as the NL.
[/quote

Waste of time and money!]

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 04:20:12 PM »
[/quote

Waste of time and money!]
There money to waste, wont affect my bank balance.
A new resolution is being tabled tomorrow by the league, clubs vote on Monday , but not all of the clubs get a vote, only the national league clubs get a vote each, NLN & NLS get a collective vote.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »
Very interesting interview with DN on radio Lincolnshire today.
He is not a happy  chappie.
I am not going to get into the points he made, as its better to listen to it yourselves and make your own conclusions.
But one thing is for sure, if l was the chorley owner, l would feel a sense of injustice, the only team to be relegated out of the bottom four, how can that be fair.
It should have at least been 2 clubs.
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 06:19:34 PM »
But one thing is for sure, if l was the chorley owner, l would feel a sense of injustice, the only team to be relegated out of the bottom four, how can that be fair.

They deserve it!

I don't think they can complain at being relegated, considering they are 17 points inside the original relegation zone. If there weren't bottom, they'd have a better chance...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »

They deserve it!

I don't think they can complain at being relegated, considering they are 17 points inside the original relegation zone. If there weren't bottom, they'd have a better chance...
Would you be happy if it was us in the same position??
They do deserve it because of their league position, but does that mean the other 3 do not then, a football league table never lies about your performance on the pitch.
What's your justification for not relegating the other 3 ???
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »

They deserve it!

They do deserve it because of their league position, but does that mean the other 3 do not then, a football league table never lies about your performance on the pitch.

You were talking from Chorley's point of view, not the other 3. Whether the other 3 go down or not, Chorley cannot complain.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2020, 10:08:25 AM »

They deserve it!

Can't see  anything to debate ,   what do you suggest the fair thing is , relegate the team second from bottom ?     Seems what it tells us it is decided only one team will be promoted from our league .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »
Let's draw a line under this season.  Circumstances dictate that this season cannot be fulfilled.  So the obvious outcome is to make it null and void.  York had by far the easiest run in.  Kings Lynn's form of late had been very erratic, who's to say it would not continue.  I thought they were punching above their weight anyway.

Very sad after such a great season and not being able to say goodbye to York street.  But these are exceptional times. 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2020, 08:39:59 PM »
The following has been put to the clubs, voting by Wednesday 5pm:

Points per game to be used to decided placings (based on full games/points) - we would finish 3rd
Teams in 1st place promoted, 2nd-7th in play offs. Play offs require at least 4 teams to go ahead, and government approval for Conf North/South - we are expected to show intentions to participate
If play offs do not happen, only champion club is promoted - York therefore must win the play offs to go up

This is for both steps 1 and 2, and is voted by all clubs at step 1, and clubs at step 2 are amalgamated into 4 votes per division.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 01:06:29 PM »
Chester now saying they can’t commit to play-offs without first knowing how much it could potentially cost, which is absolutely fair enough but this should have all been sorted by the League months ago when it was clear we wouldn’t be playing again this season.

Also they haven’t got government approval yet anyway! What a mess.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 05:36:13 PM »
Play offs require at least 4 teams to go ahead
I wonder what the thinking is here. In a normal season, if only three clubs are eligible to compete in the play-offs (with the other three failing ground grading requirements, say) then I'm pretty sure that those play-offs would go ahead with three teams. Presumably it's a cost issue, the league not thinking it fair to spread some overhead (hiring a stadium?) across a small number of clubs. Still, it'd be a kick in the teeth if we're ready to go with four teams and one pulls out late on.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 07:24:25 PM »
Still, it'd be a kick in the teeth if we're ready to go with four teams and one pulls out late on.

I would hope that if you signal your intention now to play, then you are counted as playing. If you pull out, your opponent should get the bye.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »
David Newton has released a statement:

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/club-statement--17062020-2543388.html

Club Statement - 17/06/2020

Boston United chairman David Newton has issued an update in relation to the conclusion of the season.

Mr Newton commented: “We continue to seek a resolution to the current season. Last week we were asked to vote on concluding the season by firstly determining the final league positions on a “points-per-game” basis (which would put ourselves in third place) and then for the second promotion place being determined by play-offs behind-closed-doors.

“Ahead of the vote, we were then informed by the National League that football below National League level was not classed as ‘elite’ so clubs in the North and South divisions could not take part in play-off games under Government advice. We were also informed that the teams finishing in second place would not be promoted from the North and South divisions, as the rules only provided for promotion via play-offs.

“We, and many other clubs, did not agree with the National League’s interpretation of the Government guidance around the definition of ‘elite’ so it was requested that should be re-visited. We also felt that it was only fair that, if the play-offs could not be played under Government guidance, then a rule change should be made to allow the second promotion place to be determined on a points-per-game basis. The alternative would mean that only one club would be relegated from the National League, and that was neither fair or equitable and did not uphold the integrity of the competition.

“We have now received a new Resolution that all National League clubs are invited to vote on today, which includes potential play-offs for North and South clubs. A further process would then be put in place by the National League to finalise details of the play-offs and ensure all qualifying clubs wish to participate and can be legally complaint in doing so.

“The play-offs would present many immediate challenges for the club in terms of logistics, training facilities, testing, compliance and cost and the ‘longer term’ issue of having to build the East Stand at the new Community Stadium by March 2021 to meet higher ground grading requirements should we be successful in the play-offs.

“On balance, the directors have decided that the club will vote in favour of the Resolution to uphold the integrity of the competition and to give Craig Elliott the chance of delivering what we set out to do at the beginning of the season. We would then work on meeting all those challenges.

“Clearly the club’s finances have been decimated by the pandemic, so we would look for as much help as possible from fans and sponsors should play-offs go ahead behind-closed-doors, where clearly we will have all the costs of training; staging games, un-furloughing players and Covid-19 measures, but with no gate income from the games.

“The vote takes place today and we hope that things will be finalised tomorrow. We will update everyone again on the club’s plans thereafter. We also understand that if the Resolution is voted down, the outcome may be ‘null and void’ but that is not totally clear at the moment.

“Stay safe everyone.”

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
Well put as ever from David Newton. Will be a lot of money to find to fund playing playoffs, hopefully some tv money if BT Sport show them live but nothing confirmed yet. Really feel like the FA should help non league clubs with costs of playoffs in current circumstances. If we need to ensure East Stand is complete by March would think would need to get started on that very soon.