Author Topic: National League Statement  (Read 18709 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
National League Statement
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/national-league--statement-2530985.html

It will interesting to see now what happens with the 'sporting outcomes' - season null and void?, PPG to decide league positions and so promotion to and relegation from the top division?; will playoffs be held?; and, if so, will they behind closed doors and could they all be played at neutral venue?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: National League Statement
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »
Of personal interest is whether my each way bet will be honoured for a top 3 finish......yet to be decidced how or if final positions will be calculated.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 02:20:14 PM »
Given that there won’t be any relegation from the North and South you would anticipate there not being much opposition to going by points per game and promoting the two league winners. Kings Lynn were going to win the league and they should be promoted - I’d also prefer them to go up given how much they’re throwing money around.

The big issue is going to be the top of National League and if League 2 gets voided - there is a lot of money riding on that.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »
Of personal interest is whether my each way bet will be honoured for a top 3 finish......yet to be decidced how or if final positions will be calculated.

Same here mate. If positions stop as they are, they will not pay out. If they make the league null and void all monies refunded. I did have a saver on York, it nearly covers my stake.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 10:33:29 AM »
Seen some talk about weighted PPG being used to decide L1 and L2.  So taking into account teams that have more home games than away.  Given out 6/4 split, i wonder how it'll work our for BUFC, if it get down to NLN.

https://theathletic.com/1800891/2020/05/08/leagueone-league-two-efl-ppg-coventry/?source=user_shared_article

Behind a paywall i'm afraid

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
It makes no difference to our placing, whether they split PPG home and away or not. We'd be 3rd.

www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7699.msg116906#msg116906
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
It makes no difference to our placing, whether they split PPG home and away or not. We'd be 3rd.
I will take that.
www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7699.msg116906#msg116906

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
The longer this drags on the worse it gets?

I assume the National League are awaiting a steer from the EFL regards promotion/relegation or the lack of.  The longer it goes on, the more likely I suspect the season will be null and void.

I assume there will be no relegation in our league as there will no promotions from below, but who knows.  Logic says that all leagues at every level must adopt the same stance for everything to be balanced in terms of numbers.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
No relegations from our league has already been confirmed.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
So on that logic, it would be 2 up from us and 2 down from the National League.
Just leave it alone and start the new season in August.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 07:20:30 PM »
My mate tells me league two have voted to null and void the season.  So no relegation for Stevenage.  So bottom two in National league get relegated.  Not confirmed.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »

Are you forgetting about Conference South?

Plus, there is a situation caused by Bury's expulsion. If the Conference promote Barrow, without receiving a club from the FL, then one of the 3 Conference divisions will have 1 less club.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:44:48 PM by Pilgrim86 »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 07:50:12 AM »

Are you forgetting about Conference South?

Plus, there is a situation caused by Bury's expulsion. If the Conference promote Barrow, without receiving a club from the FL, then one of the 3 Conference divisions will have 1 less club.
Yes you are right, that is very true, and l did forget about the south division.
What a potential mess could lie ahead.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 06:20:51 AM »
 ;Any more news yet about the play offs, or not the play offs ????
"I don't believe you""

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 10:32:00 AM »
;Any more news yet about the play offs, or not the play offs ????

Just read a tweet stating that Simon Ainge is expected to sign for Farsley Celtic. Not sure how reliable that info is, but presumably he'd be in his rights to do so as he's been released by Darlington. At the same time he's on a season long loan to us and would be expected to be involved in any play off games. It's making a bit of a mockery that squads are evolving and changing and the whole play off picture remains so unclear. If Farsley become his new parent club, would it be on condition that he remains loaned to us until the issue is potentially resolved?