Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 8783 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Share
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 12:37:05 PM »
Playing at Lincoln's ground will be not cost effective

But spending thousands on another ground is?!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 01:56:29 PM »
On the basis that it would keep us in the town and also help Boston Town as well. Surely we can sort another turnstile out with the chairman’s help from his company. Don’t fancy the alternatives apart from Skeg. 

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2020, 03:01:13 PM »
In an ideal scenario we would continue to play in Boston. Would it be possible to spend money, that would otherwise be spent on renting, on improving Town's facilities? Could we provide them with additional turnstiles - after all, there will be some spare at York Street. Travelling fans will know that the Impact Arena has, at times, in recent years, relied on copious amounts of portakabins. Could we not make arrangements.

If this is impractical, then groundsharing has to be worked out very carefully. What facilities are required. Do we need a ground where fans can be segregated? Is the pitch up to standard and durable, can the groundskeeper keep it playable for the extra games? The ground needs to be easily accessible by public transport. The location has to be able to cope with the influx of fans - both "home" and "away" supporter's for instance, Holbeach as suggested. Could it's pubs and café / restaurants cope with the desires of 700+ additional people? Could the surrounding roads deal easily with the additional traffic? There are lots, of things, to consider.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »
In an ideal scenario we would continue to play in Boston. Would it be possible to spend money, that would otherwise be spent on renting, on improving Town's facilities? Could we provide them with additional turnstiles - after all, there will be some spare at York Street. Travelling fans will know that the Impact Arena has, at times, in recent years, relied on copious amounts of portakabins. Could we not make arrangements.

If this is impractical, then groundsharing has to be worked out very carefully. What facilities are required. Do we need a ground where fans can be segregated? Is the pitch up to standard and durable, can the groundskeeper keep it playable for the extra games? The ground needs to be easily accessible by public transport. The location has to be able to cope with the influx of fans - both "home" and "away" supporter's for instance, Holbeach as suggested. Could it's pubs and café / restaurants cope with the desires of 700+ additional people? Could the surrounding roads deal easily with the additional traffic? There are lots, of things, to consider.
Holbeach definitely would not cope with parking, it has very little now, most people park on the side of the road.
Tesco's wouldn't allow you to park there, and Carter's park, is sometimes locked at night after 7pm.
Pubs well excluding the Tigers Club there is only two left open now, but another 2 are being refurbished.
The town is the land of take away, so you are ok for food.
If Holbeach was an option it would suit me, as l now live there.
Public buses do service the town, but l don't know if there is one direct from Boston though.
Road links are good though, with the ground less than half a mile from the A17.
But again l don't know if it NLN standard.
3 sides of the ground are open to the elements and standing only.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 04:41:41 PM »

Staying at York Street or leaving, is still going to cost thousands.
That's the reality l am afraid, but l guess our chairman will have it already in hand.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 04:59:47 PM »
Groundsharing anywhere outside of the town will lead to miserably low crowds and zero atmosphere at matches. I would have thought that a better approach would be to ask Boston Borough Council to state that, in keeping with Local Plan, planning permission to redevelop York Street would likely not be given until a functioning alternative site for semi-professional football is up and running in the town. As I recall, this was one of the factors behind sinking the ludicrous redevelopment scheme championed by Jim Rodwell back in 2007. A short-term lease on York Street until the club is ready to move would then be in the interest of any owner so that they had some income from it during that time.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »

That's the reality l am afraid, but l guess our chairman will have it already in hand.

Hence why we may as well just move temporarily into a ground that is already fit for purpose. There's no guarantee of how much notice we'd have between being given the fixture list (or the go ahead to carry on this season) and playing the next game.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 10:34:42 PM »

Hence why we may as well just move temporarily into a ground that is already fit for purpose. There's no guarantee of how much notice we'd have between being given the fixture list (or the go ahead to carry on this season) and playing the next game.
It's all very confusing and frustrating for everyone concerned, but we should all be grateful that so far we are still have the luxury of being fit and well.
Long may it continue for all of us.
"I don't believe you""

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:44 AM »
Could rules concerning construction workers be about to be relaxed?
I see certain sites in London are back in operation tomorrow.  They have to stagger their starts, so they do not overwhelm the transport system.
I think if we continue on the new ground, it could be ready for the start of a delayed new season.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2020, 09:45:20 AM »
Boston Town, Peterborough or Lincoln for me
Peterborough as it's a direct train to Birmingham!
Lincoln is the most logical choice but only of we can't play in Boston
Would it be cheaper to find improvements to Tattershall Rd to get it up to standard and rent it as opposed to probably a higher rent at posh or Lincoln?

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
Posh would be a good solution. But Stamford much more realistic and good parking. Grantham also realistic; but even though it's <10 miles from me it's an absolutely rank atmosphere for fans with no proximity to the pitch.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
Boston Town, Peterborough or Lincoln for me
Peterborough as it's a direct train to Birmingham!
Lincoln is the most logical choice but only of we can't play in Boston
Would it be cheaper to find improvements to Tattershall Rd to get it up to standard and rent it as opposed to probably a higher rent at posh or Lincoln?

It might be cheaper to improve Tattershall Road but there’s surely no chance of getting it done in time?It will almost certainly be Grantham or Lincoln and after 6 months or more with no football we’ll be more than happy to watch anything anywhere.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
Posh would be a good solution. But Stamford much more realistic and good parking. Grantham also realistic; but even though it's <10 miles from me it's an absolutely rank atmosphere for fans with no proximity to the pitch.
Totally agree with you, l  really do think Stamford is a good option if it's available and up to standard.
Grantham is a soulless place, and the roads and traffic are just awful around the place.
"I don't believe you""

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »
Guess we will find out whether will eve be necessary in the upcoming months, judging from other countries social distancing is going to have to be in effect well into 2021 which is going to rule out crowds at football matches.

Any sport at all will have to be behind closed doors and English football cannot survive like that for long, big problems ahead for everyone up and down the pyramid.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile