Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 8339 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ground Share
« on: April 17, 2020, 06:22:04 AM »
So with the announcement earlier in the week from our chairman, that our new stadium will most not likely be ready for the start of next season, and it is very unlikely that we will not be able to stay at York Street.
A ground share is most likely to be our only option.
So where would you all like to go, and why??
I am going to say Stamford, the reason for that is, it is Lincolnshire not far from us, facilities are good being that it not that old, and the players can access it from the A1.

"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Mad Dog

• View Profile
Re: Ground Share
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 07:22:17 AM »
It's not so good for public transport, though - and remember, not all the fans live in Boston so probably wouldn't have access to supporters coaches laid on from the town. It's a tough choice, though I must admit Lincoln (however unlikely) would suit me!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 08:01:11 AM »
Grantham.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:55:27 AM »
King's Lynn Town? Would prefer Boston Town but understand that their ground is not up to National League standards although, I suppose, there could be some relaxation on rules under the current national emergency?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »
King's Lynn Town? Would prefer Boston Town but understand that their ground is not up to National League standards although, I suppose, there could be some relaxation on rules under the current national emergency?

I think some of the rules would certainly be relaxed given the circumstances, but if I were a safety officer I wouldn't want a Boston United-size crowd trying to get through two turnstiles. Think this one is a non-starter.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
What about the white elephant that is Dabsi? Not ideal but local. If you start laying the pitch now, could be ready by August.  I have never been to the place , so not sure if it would work.  I am sure someone will tell me.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 01:45:10 PM »
Am I missing something? With everything that's going on why can't we stay at York St for one more season. I know it's not what we want and it will cost but groundshare means significantly lower gate receipts. I don't suppose Malky and Co are doing anything with the ground immediately with what's currently happening!!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 01:48:02 PM »
With planning to ground share rather than short extension on York Street shows why we were planning to move into a half finished new stadium than stay at York Street until new stadium completely finished. Shows it must be the case that Malkinsons won't extend lease.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 02:21:55 PM »
Am I missing something? With everything that's going on why can't we stay at York St for one more season. I know it's not what we want and it will cost but groundshare means significantly lower gate receipts. I don't suppose Malky and Co are doing anything with the ground immediately with what's currently happening!!
I would think it's a case of what makes York Street more attractive to a potential new buyer, that's probably why do not want us to stay any longer.
Vacant possession is more attractive to a buyer.
I wouldn't think an extension would come cheap either.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-71185372.html

"The site could be retained as a sporting venue or redeveloped for a number of uses subject to the necessary planning consents."

"The site also houses the football ground for Boston United FC. The current lease has a passing rent of £72,000 pa and is due to expire on 30th June 2020 with vacant possession."
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
How about spalding united or even holbeach town, nice clubhouse at holbeach, sometimes frequent there if united or boston town are away, conf north standards may not allow though.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
Spalding already have Pinchbeck as shared tenants. I think we'll go with the easy option of Lincoln.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 10:56:40 PM »
Vertigo stadium, Skegness? A  smaller capacity with parking issues, yes. But it's a new build with all current regulations in place.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 07:38:22 AM »
Playing at Lincoln's ground will be not cost effective, how many fans will bother to travel there, 600/700 if that, and it's not a small ground.
I can't see many Lincoln fans turning up to watch us play, so the ground will probably be half open, and have no atmosphere.
I think we should see what Boston's Town ground needs doing to it, so it can be brought up to our League standard.
Correct me if l am wrong, but dont Chestnut Homes own the land anyway??
"I don't believe you""

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 08:51:22 AM »
When FC United were "between grounds", they went through a phase of borrowing different stadiums. I'm sure they played home matches at Stalybridge, Hyde, Droylsden, Altrincham and probably a few others. Accepting it'd be better to have one place we could temporarily call home, could there be another option to mix and match where we play depending on which grounds are available on the dates of our home games?