Author Topic: Season over  (Read 12402 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: Season over
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
It would be great to finish the season off.  8)
A real morale booster in these strange times  8) :)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
My "new" team Norwich United were in 2nd place in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division which would have warranted a play off game with the bottom club from the Isthmian Division One (North). OK, not clear cut as South Shields, Jersey, Stowmarket Town, etc but Coronavirus has denied us an opportunity to progress up the pyramid after a really good curtailed season. Really gutted but hope that BUFC can finish the season with better news!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 07:28:32 PM »
Season suspended indefinitely. Any chance we could find one or two goal scorers during the lay off.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2020, 01:45:43 PM »
Interesting thought......if the EFL is declared void for 19/20.....have Bury fans a reason to be excited?

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
National League to vote on ending the season now according to the BBC....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52189058

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2020, 07:31:37 AM »

Absolutely load of crap, the season should end across all football full stop.
You cant have promotion and relegation playoffs without the other leagues above and below doing the same, and that then obviously has the same knock on effect through the whole football pyramid.
The premier league's token of money is a complete joke, it just shows how arrogant and out of touch they are with non league clubs, £2 million quid to be shared out across the national league, that's £13,636 for every club in our league.
They no doubt spend that kind of money on a dinner function.
A f××××ing disgrace.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2020, 08:30:40 AM »
Agree. There is something fundamentally wrong in voiding an entire season after the majority of it has been played. Promotion and relegation should then be decided upon by committee taking into account points per game and the willingness of clubs to accept promotion. You will always upset a few teams but this current situation is just rewarding losers. Teams at the top mostly want to and should progress, teams at the bottom are not up to that divisions standard and teams in the middle don't really care if the season is voided as make no difference to them. The FA should hang their heads in shame as how, morally, can they not promote at least unbeaten teams like Stowmarket Town and Jersey Bulls from their respective leagues?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 10:20:40 AM »
That's us not going up then.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
An easy decision under the circumstances .   If obt is correct with his £13k compo for our clubs it fully vindicates it is the right decision .    I suspect the NC realise with that amount if the league restarted it would finish up in worse mess than ever with clubs crippled by lack on finance and withdrawing half way through the remaining fixtures .      I think some clubs will be looking to drop down the pyramid and others would not accept promotion .     An interesting close season with players nationwide looking for a potential employer .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 09:35:11 PM »
13k won't even pay the wages for a fortnight.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »
13k won't even pay the wages for a fortnight.
It's a disgrace, and it really shows what the Premiership thinks of non league football.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".