Author Topic: LIncs senior Cup final  (Read 6658 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
LIncs senior Cup final
« on: March 10, 2020, 07:19:22 AM »
Who is going tonight ?
I am going, having thought l wouldn't, now l am.
It would be nice to see us lift some silverware.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: LIncs senior Cup final
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:12:58 AM »
Yep, a rare game without too much pressure on us... albeit we'd be expected to win it.

Presumably Middleton and Jackson will be given starts, maybe Shiels as he was only sub at the weekend. Hopefully Jake Wright and Rollins playing too.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 04:37:46 PM »
Yep, a rare game without too much pressure on us... albeit we'd be expected to win it.

Presumably Middleton and Jackson will be given starts, maybe Shiels as he was only sub at the weekend. Hopefully Jake Wright and Rollins playing too.

Maybe Liam Green and Jonathan Wafula will play as well... not seen them in a while and without Thanoj out some of our other midfielders will need game time.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 11:05:11 PM »
We put a really strong side out tonight and still lost, absolutely piss poor.
We have huge problems with players not giving a toss.
Some players think they are better than they are or listening to the hype of their agent's.
Absolute joke that's what they are.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »
Some players think they are better than they are or listening to the hype of their agent's.

Well, I mean we're third in the league so no, I don't think our players are a "joke".....

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
They may not have been a joke about 4 weeks ago but our ‘goal scorers’ are doing their best to become one now. Craig has threatened ‘changes’ because of a few individuals performances but he needs to follow through with his threats.Thewlis would be my first casualty..

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:33 AM »

Well, I mean we're third in the league so no, I don't think our players are a "joke".....
I am sorry but going on last night's game only they were.
As Craig said, "you are only as good as your last game".
"I don't believe you""

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:27 AM »

I am sorry but going on last night's game only they were.
As Craig said, "you are only as good as your last game".

Sorry but you’re not as good as you’re last game. If you play sh@@e in your last two games of the season and still win the lge that argument does not hold up, it’s a sound bite used by managers of all standards down the years. Also if it was true the transfer market would be flooded on a Sunday morning with useless players. We are a team playing in what was the old Northern prem lge and have players who are playing at that level for a reason. At the minute we are playing through a blip pretty much like Kings Lynn and Chester, keep the faith and remember it’s still better than watching the over paid over hyped VAR infested premiership. #grassroots.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »
Listening to Craig last night it sounds as though some players are already thinking about next season ,  mentioned agents , that's bad news .

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »
I saw Lee Stratford give one young fan his medal after the game, well done Lee.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:01:25 PM by Wyberton pilgrim »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 08:13:30 PM »
Listening to Craig last night it sounds as though some players are already thinking about next season ,  mentioned agents , that's bad news .
I got the same feeling, probably they should if they don't want to be part of this clubs ambition.
I totally agree with his comments, especially the one regarding that the players are being told by their agent's that they are better than they are.
Just because they have had a decent cup run, and are 3rd in the league, doesn't mean they deserve to be playing at a higher level.
Let's see what they achieve by the end of the season.
I do wager that if we get promoted, quite a few will be shown the door, because many are simply not good enough for the league above, sorry but that's the truth.
I would say, that's why we haven't seen any major significant signings since the FA cup run, the money is no doubt being kept for some serious strength being added next season.
"I don't believe you""

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 08:23:18 PM »
are you advocating the same high turnover of players that spoilt last season?? :)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 09:08:56 PM »
Where is young chubby when you need him!  He would have had constructive comments to make! Hopefully just a blip- let's back a team that has given us a great season to date and hopefully alot more to come.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 06:45:33 AM »
are you advocating the same high turnover of players that spoilt last season?? :)
No certainly not, but we do need to add to the squad, and this time of the season you are very limited to what is available to sign.
My concern is that at the moment some players in the squad don't seem motivated.
I have played in league winning football and rugby teams, and  you shouldn't need someone to motivate you, when you are in the hunt for the title, the desire, determination, motivation and mental strength should already be there.
Some players seem to be now just going through the motions, it's as though they have already had their heads turned by other clubs.
I hope that's not the truth, but from what l have witnessed over the past two games has really got me worried, there is no way they should be playing like this with so much still to play for.
Let's hope it's just a bit of a dip or tiredness due to a hectic fixture list.
We are lucky that most of the season we have had a good solid defence with a cracking keeper between the sticks, because we are certainly not a free scoring team, and that is a concern that has carried on from last season.
I hear some fans criticising Jordan Thewlis for not passing to players in goal scoring positions, well the last three games l have seen him actually not be selfish and pass the ball, the player receiving it has either not hit the target, misplaced the shot, or just been robbed of it by the opposition.
So you can't blame the lad TBH.
So if any of our players actually read this forum, my message to you is simple, role your sleeves up get stuck in and pay the loyal fans back with performances they deserve, we have followed you all over the country and backed you at home, even when Gateshead gave you a footballing lesson, we clapped you off.
If you no longer want to be part of our great club that has a fantastic future, do the right thing.
"I don't believe you""

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 09:17:26 AM »
Cannot see any mention of Jake Wright in any of these posts. This lad has had some really bad luck since joining the club. I am sure fellow Pilgrims will join me in wishing him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back training with the squad ASAP.