Author Topic: v Curzon  (Read 5870 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Curzon
« on: March 07, 2020, 04:58:37 PM »
1 - 1, teams around us all won >:(

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: v Curzon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
Bugger

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »
I repeat, We Can’t Score Goals. Bloody frustrating. Makes me annoyed because it lets down the great work our defence do.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »
Wish we could score.....against 10 men as well....

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 05:46:34 PM »
Craig, assumedly, stated in the local paper that players were queuing up to join United, there must be a bloody goal scorer amongst them, surely!!!!

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 06:03:03 PM »
Feels more like 4 points lost than 2 points gained from the last 2 matches.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 06:05:32 PM »
If we had the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle we'd be top of the league. We've had a great cup run and third place in the league is in our hands as we enter the second week of March. I'd have taken that in July. Who wouldn't?

TEP

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
All I can say is that I’m glad I only had a 15 mile journey home after another frustrating match against Curzon Ashton today.

I was at the home match against them in January (a rare midweek home match for me these days) and that was frustrating enough, but today was probably even more so. Curzon’s antics and tactics must make them the most frustrating team to play against and, unfortunately, we’ve joined the likes of Chester and York (a draw and a loss) who have had their own difficulties against them. To make the frustration even worse is that  Blyth Spartans did the double over them.

Trying to stay positive, if we’re going to have one of these kinds of days, a draw is better than a defeat … but it is still bl**dy irritating!!

Next week at Chester should see the home team play in a totally different way and it’ll be interesting to see how we deal with them.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:57 PM »
Poor performance today for me. Crook was much the busier keeper and had a very good game. We didn't look threatening...after the goal we showed no real threat. Don't understand all the changes especially with how well we played on Tue. I'd have given Wright a run now, works so hard then finds himself back on the bench. Mulhern being used as a target man but not really sure that's his best role. Dom never got into the game really, looking for too many free kicks. Thewlis average at best, don't really remember him beating his man at all. Pitch was good and we did pass it around well in the first 20 mins so can't use that as an excuse.

No chance of winning the title now, need to make sure we finish third.

Can't be good for the players with there being so much unnecessary rotation.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 09:42:19 PM »
So bloody frustrated, my confidence was dented at the Gateshead game after which the manager ranted there would be changes etc. Credit to him he changed it for Brackley and we saw the best display of the season which restored my faith. Why then today why oh why did he drop Rollins, Heslop, Wright and Jackson to the bench? bringing in Whittle, Mulhern, Knowles and Abbott who all were less than average. When they went down to ten men it looked as if it was us that had ten. Had it not been for Crooks we would have lost he made two great point blank saves while their keeper did not have a save to make in the second half and by the way the playing suface was first class as it always is so no excuses there. We seem to have more coaches assistant managers etc than subs surely somebody amongst them could have seen what all us saw and come up with a solution. Sorry but today was unacceptable.  UTP.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 09:52:15 PM »
I think today was the day we lost any chance of the title.  We need a proven goal scorer. When we recruited at the start of the season,  I thought this would be our undoing.  How many hours and minutes has it been since we scored through open play? We have by far the toughest run in, our only hope is we have most of our matches at home. 

We need to finish as high as possible,  to gain any advantage in the playoffs.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 10:05:50 PM »
Didn't go today but interesting to note the comments again around getting a goal scorer. I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that. I think we do have some capable goal scorers it's just that we don't always play to their strengths. For example too many long, high balls. It's not like they're missing lots of chances. I think we either need a target man to compliment this style of playing (like King's Lynn have Gash) or look for a different option - dare I say a Reece Thompson type that can create chances individually - and out of nothing.

TEP 

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 10:53:12 PM »
I am not the only one to think this but Thewlis hangs onto the ball trying to beat everyone in front of him in the box and then loses it. I think greedy is the word. Thanoj became the one we looked to for goals and he’s injured. Spent so much time and effort building a terrific defence that we ended up with an average attacking force. Goals win games, defenders just reduce the number of goals we lose by. Way things are going Brackley will be above us at the end. I fully appreciate 4th is still a good position and in the play offs but things could have been better.
Just give me a minute, I’ll go and get my tin hat.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 07:51:18 AM »
On the bright side. -

It's a draw away from home which is normally a good result in this league

Only lost 1 of last 11 matches

3rd in league

With yesterdays results title chances are over. Getting back to winning ways and keeping 3rd spot should be the aim as big advantage finishing 3rd than 4th for playoffs

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
Bad - but not the worst of results. We will be in the play offs at the end of the regular season.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"