Author Topic: Tonight's games  (Read 8984 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's games
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 10:26:50 AM »
We have collected one point out of a possible six.

Or 19 out of a possible 24?
a much better glass  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »
Got home at 1am. The bus was colder than a mother in laws kiss so it was straight to bed. Couple of moans first. Have always enjoyed going to Brackley but not this time as they segregated it and made us feel so unwelcome, can you believe it they had 268 fans we had 135 and they segregate, pathetic. Second was the referee I am not one to openly criticise officials but this one was the worst I have ever seen, every time we made contact he gave them a free kick, could not keep up with a game where two teams were playing good open football and many many dubious decisions. Anyway to the game. I rated the game as one of our best performances of the season with every player giving their all and clearly playing for their places. Don't like picking anyone in particular out but must give a special mention to Ash Jackson, after much of the season on the bench he was outstanding,Warren on the other side is certainly one for good career at a higher level and he was also very very good. Ainge and Scotty tackled everything and rarely looked really troubled. I suppose I could mention every single one of them but I think I have said enough to give those who were not there an idea of how a great game went.  UTP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »
Got home at 1am. The bus was colder than a mother in laws kiss so it was straight to bed. Couple of moans first. Have always enjoyed going to Brackley but not this time as they segregated it and made us feel so unwelcome, can you believe it they had 268 fans we had 135 and they segregate, pathetic. Second was the referee I am not one to openly criticise officials but this one was the worst I have ever seen, every time we made contact he gave them a free kick, could not keep up with a game where two teams were playing good open football and many many dubious decisions. Anyway to the game. I rated the game as one of our best performances of the season with every player giving their all and clearly playing for their places. Don't like picking anyone in particular out but must give a special mention to Ash Jackson, after much of the season on the bench he was outstanding,Warren on the other side is certainly one for good career at a higher level and he was also very very good. Ainge and Scotty tackled everything and rarely looked really troubled. I suppose I could mention every single one of them but I think I have said enough to give those who were not there an idea of how a great game went.  UTP

Listened to the commentary and it was much as you described.  What's your opinion on the front line Mel?  I think we need a good old fashioned centre forward, one to rough up the defence.  We had a very nippy forward line last night, but it sounded like we had no one to hold the ball up and lay off.  I can only go on what was said on the radio.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
Highlights available on the NL website:

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/club-info/630454
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 11:58:03 AM »
Good point. Very even game for me, they possibly had the best chance of the game, at a guess I'd say possession was very even so can't complain getting a point. At one point I thought we'd be able to sneak it but in reality a draw was a fair result.

Warren very good for me, looks a composed player...probably not given a chance at Salford as he's too lightweight...must be about 9 stone wet through! Few visits to Eagles should sort him out! Heslop very good in the middle of the park and at times we played some really good passing football.

Would have taken 4 points this week so lets hope for a win in Ashton on Saturday. Their attendances seem to be falling off a cliff so if we can take a decent number there's a fair chance they'll be more of us there than them.

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 01:46:33 PM »
Living on Curzon's doorstep I can tell you , their attendances haven't fallen off a cliff , it's simply that they have little support , perhaps 200 at best if they are lucky. They give away  alot of tickets for free which may or may not get used and accounts for some of the odd increases in their attendances. The main  reason for their big attendances is down to away support , I have been squashed in the main stand with 200 home supporters , surrounded by 1300 Stockport or 2500 FCUM supporters on several occasions. They are well used to more away support than home support so a couple of hundred from Boston won't phase them at all.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
Curzon do absolutely brilliantly to not only compete but thrive at this level. I know when I went the queue for the match at The Etihad at the tram stop by the ground was almost as big as the attendance that afternoon. Such a shame the people of Aston Under Lymn don't show a bit more interest in their local club instead of splashing £35-£40 a fortnight on the multi millionaires down the road. Its a first class facility Curzon have and I understand they have a superb community set up too, I guess support for the bigger clubs will always be ingrained in people in the area though.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »
Curzon do absolutely brilliantly to not only compete but thrive at this level. I know when I went the queue for the match at The Etihad at the tram stop by the ground was almost as big as the attendance that afternoon. Such a shame the people of Aston Under Lymn don't show a bit more interest in their local club instead of splashing £35-£40 a fortnight on the multi millionaires down the road. Its a first class facility Curzon have and I understand they have a superb community set up too, I guess support for the bigger clubs will always be ingrained in people in the area though.

Could not agree more Andy. I would encourage anyone thinking of going on Saturday to definately make the effort. A lovely little stadium with a great playing surface where you are welcomed with a smile and a nice drink in a welcoming little club house, and no silly segregation like Brackley. Great little club.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 02:35:53 PM »
Agree with Mel and Andy - Curzon is a neat little set-up and a very friendly club. Pints were dirt cheap as I recall, always a winner. Just a shame we got absolutely battered there on my last visit!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
A lack of a goal scorer could be our undoing.  By all accounts we were the better team but could not
We have collected one point out of a possible six. We need a Milloresque type of player.
Even thou, we are still in it. Well played lads.
Squeaky bum time,  only 2 points out of a possible 9.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 04:34:24 PM »
6 hours and  11 minutes since we scored in open play.  I see Nicky Walker scored yesterday,  maybe a recall?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 08:47:27 PM »
6 hours and  11 minutes since we scored in open play.  I see Nicky Walker scored yesterday,  maybe a recall?

And Greg Smith 12 goals in thirteen games .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 08:53:41 PM »
A lack of a goal scorer could be our undoing.  By all accounts we were the better team but could not
We have collected one point out of a possible six. We need a Milloresque type of player.
Even thou, we are still in it. Well played lads.
Squeaky bum time,  only 2 points out of a possible 9.

Or 5 points out of the last 4 games ,  if we get that return over the rest of the season we will finish up with 70 points .  Will that be enough to create panic at Skybet H Q . Mike .? :)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 08:55:35 PM »
I'm not saying Greg Smith,  but we are missing his type of player.  Someone to hold up and lay off. Oh and score a goal or two.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2020, 11:35:24 AM »

Could not agree more Andy. I would encourage anyone thinking of going on Saturday to definately make the effort. A lovely little stadium with a great playing surface where you are welcomed with a smile and a nice drink in a welcoming little club house, and no silly segregation like Brackley. Great little club.

Just to add, on Saturday I got there and there must have been a couple of hundred people milling around waiting for kids games on the astroturf to finish. And I bet less that 1 in 50 stayed for the game. Lots of Citeh and Utd kits, not one CAFC shirt though. Apart from the game a good day, smashing club shop and a decent bar, even the burger and chips were edible.