Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 46987 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2020, 09:15:44 AM »
According to Matt Warman East Lindsey will fall into the Tier 3 category at tomorrow's meeting, with infections at 400+ per 100k.
To be reviewed fortnightly, so a possibility of getting into a lower tier before the Christmas break.  Its ripping through the area at the moment though, with care homes badly hit.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »
Tier 3 confirmed.
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2020, 01:10:33 PM »
Any news on how Qwerty is?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:38 AM »
Any news on how Qwerty is?

All being well he could be out on Saturday. Fingers crossed.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2021, 03:51:18 PM »
The EU throwing their weight about.  Their vaccine rollout way behind the UK'S.  WHO urging the UK to pause vaccinations after the vulnerable are injected,  to divert vaccines to poorer countries. The world is in a mess, football should take a backseat in my opinion. Void the season and start a new one when it's safe to do so.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
Calls for Useless von der Leyen to resign from some German politicians.
Maybe we should offer to divert some of our vaccine to help out the EU once all our vulnerable are vaxxed, which should be around March/April time.
Trouble is, if Boris made an offer to help with the vaccinations in say Ireland, the way things are at the moment Stella Kyriakides would probably turn it down... not sure how that would play out with the member states  :police:

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
Consider what would have happened if the situation with vaccines had been reversed, and our Government had left us in the dire position that the EU finds itself in. At the moment there's talk of sending them vaccine when our vulnerable have all been vaxxed,  and we already sent engineers to the Astrazenica plants in Belgium to help solve their production problems. Would they have been as eager to help us out considering all the talk of 'punishing' the UK for having the temerity to want to leave?
The EU should apply for membership of the UK,  make an annual contribution to UK Treasury,  and accept the supremacy of UK law as a gesture of good will.  ;)

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2021, 07:45:59 PM »
Can all over 55s be vaccinated here first please?
  :-\ (To ensure care for my disabled son who is not on the list).
Not easy decisions I know...

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2021, 09:35:23 PM »
We've just had ours this evening at The Sidings medical centre. Amazingly efficient, quick and painless system. Very impressive and congratulations to everyone involved.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »
We've just had ours this evening at The Sidings medical centre. Amazingly efficient, quick and painless system. Very impressive and congratulations to everyone involved.

Had mine this morning there. Got to say the organization was top notch. gov may have made many mistakes but between them and the NHS the vaccine roll out as been impressive.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2021, 08:36:32 PM »
Anyone know if Plan 'B' restrictions mean that we now need covid passes to get into the new stadium?
Maybe JVT himself is a Patterer  ;)  he would know!  :police:

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2021, 08:47:47 PM »
Anyone know if Plan 'B' restrictions mean that we now need covid passes to get into the new stadium?
Maybe JVT himself is a Patterer  ;)  he would know!  :police:

Im no expert on this, but Boris said today that a Pass would be needed to get into a "unseated outdoor venue with more than 4,000 people".

So, Im guessing its a NO.

If you need clarification I suggest that you contact the Club and ask.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2021, 10:38:18 PM »
"From Wednesday, the NHS Covid Pass will also be required for visitors to nightclubs, indoor unseated venues with more than 500 people, unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people and any event with more than 10,000 people"

We will not need to provide Covid eligibility to get into any Conference North stadium.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2021, 08:30:23 AM »
I can see the season being curtailed, null and voided, cancelled or what ever suits the committee.  Or whatever suits clubs with an agenda  >:(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
I can see the season being curtailed, null and voided, cancelled or what ever suits the committee.  Or whatever suits clubs with an agenda  >:(

I can't see that happening. It might be more transmissible, but there's still no evidence that the new variant evades the vaccines to an extent that we'll need to re-enter a proper lockdown. Pfizer and BioTech seem fairly confident their vaccine affords very good protection, so I'm cautiously optimistic we won't need to progress to a Plan C.

Famous last words, of course!!