Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 46574 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »
Whilst I get the season cannot start without fans arguement this worked when originally the talk was about the whole of non league all starting at the same time with fans. Now all the leagues below us can have fans and are starting as normal. We currently can't however if we don't start and don't play at all this season (time frame of 6 months with current measures mentioned by which time it maybe too late to start this season) then could be no promotion from step 3 and below.

National League have to try and get fans back. If they can't then they just have to start with online streaming.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »
Looks like we're among the majority of clubs that do not want the season to start without fans.

So it's either a season with streaming (if possible) or no season at all. Can't see there's much chance of any Governmental support being anywhere near what is required to subsidize this.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
Just announced on radio 5 live a deal appears to be done with the Government and the season will kick off as planned, no further info at the moment.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »
£20 million to be distributed in the form of grants as opposed to loans which is good news and means we can play on Saturday and then start the league. Just need Premier League to match it (loose change for them)and things will look a lot rosier.  UTP

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2020, 06:10:33 AM »
£20 million to be distributed in the form of grants as opposed to loans which is good news and means we can play on Saturday and then start the league. Just need Premier League to match it (loose change for them)and things will look a lot rosier.  UTP
Good that the Government/ Tax payers have helped out.
Premiership clubs won't help out, they are to busy paying out multi millions on players.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2020, 08:53:26 AM »
Premiership clubs won't help out, they are to busy paying out multi millions on players.

If each prem player donated one week's wages to a fund to help grass roots football, £22,000000 is the amount quoted.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
Worrying times, one of our squad has tested positive for Covid 19.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2020, 04:11:49 PM »

If each prem player donated one week's wages to a fund to help grass roots football, £22,000000 is the amount quoted.
Wow that would be nice, but I  don't think any of them will do it unless they get loads of publicity for it.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
Do you think that clubs who have loads of money in our league's should get financial support from the government.
Notts County for instance, they are boasting about signing two midfielders for 6 figure sums next week.
They are surely taking the P*ss.
If the amount of money we receive is based on attendances,then they will get a huge share of the bail out money.
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:34 PM »
If the amount of money we receive is based on attendances,then they will get a huge share of the bail out money.

That's the idea, though. The money is to cover for the lack of gate receipts.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2020, 07:35:27 AM »
There's talk of a 4 week lockdown after yesterday's Cobra.
JVT's been kicking ass.
Get it done now and then we might get some games over the Christmas break  :police:

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2020, 11:01:25 AM »
There's talk of a 4 week lockdown after yesterday's Cobra.
JVT's been kicking ass.
Get it done now and then we might get some games over the Christmas break  :police:

Schools and uni to be exempt. Im not a big fan of a lockdown but agree now is the time. As im a bigger fan of christmas

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
Be careful out there guys.  This damn covid is hitting United supporters very hard.  Several supporters have got it, or had it, with various degrees of severity.  One of our fans has lost his wife bless her RIP, and another is in the Pilgrim as I write this.  Keep safe, it's took eight months, but it's here now with a vengeance.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2020, 03:15:39 PM »
Be careful out there guys.  This damn covid is hitting United supporters very hard.  Several supporters have got it, or had it, with various degrees of severity.  One of our fans has lost his wife bless her RIP, and another is in the Pilgrim as I write this.  Keep safe, it's took eight months, but it's here now with a vengeance.

Forum member Qwerty has now gone down with it.  He has been admitted to Pilgrim. Get well soon mate.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »
Worrying news, hopefully a speedy recovery for Qwerty.