Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 8828 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »
I have a very bad feeling that we will have the highest death rate in Europe.
Looks about right Dipodah... but we're all encouraged to go back to work despite a  daily death rate of 400+.
Its not going to to go away anytime soon, but can we adapt to the new covid reality and regain some semblance of normality, without hitting a second, super-size sombrero?  ???

Not a prediction I am happy to admit to Ed.  On a brighter note, I was reading somewhere that if you take deaths per million, we come about fifth.  I see the government has stopped using the comparison graph.

As always I take on the advice you offer Dip .     I am collecting an order of facemasks for the family today .       I hold the same fears as you Mick ,  I will not take up the offer of going on golf courses for a time yet .     

Pete B

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »
505 deaths per million, so we're the fourth worst performing country in the world after Belgium, Spain and Italy.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »
505 deaths per million, so we're the fourth worst performing country in the world after Belgium, Spain and Italy.

Very sad Pete.
Over a week ago I sent my hearing aids away to be repaired.  I have not heard a thing since.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2020, 08:00:43 AM »
I have to say, that in many food manufacturing companies in Lincolnshire, that the majority have not protected their shop floor worker's adequately.
No 2 meter segregation,no face masks, agency workers travelling together in Van's, sitting next to each other.
Delivery drivers allowed to exchange paperwork with no gloves on.
Whilst salary workers are sent home to work or furloughed, the soldiers on the floor have been exposed terribly to the disease.
It has took weeks for some companies to start issuing the correct PPE to their employees.
Believe me it has been by pure luck only that food production operatives have not had a plague like outbreak between themselves.
Shocking really.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".