Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 45017 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2020, 05:17:43 PM »
I see Kl match off tonight.

Was called off yesterday, with some of the Gloucester squad in self-isolation with corona-like symptoms.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 06:27:16 PM »
From tomorrow mass gatherings will no longer be supported by emergency services... how will that impact on tomorrow's game?

Safety certificate null and void, and no game??

Although I think it means there is no guarantee of onsite precautionary presence of emergency services at events. We never have an ambulance on stand by at games, and usually the only Police is Simon Oswin (club's Police liaison officer, and serving anti-social behaviour officer).
Not too clear, but don't we have a club doctor attending games, as well as the St John's volunteer first aiders?
Anything major would be a 999 call, surely they're not saying an ambulance wouldn't attend?

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »
Season suspended, that's pretty clear.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 07:00:11 PM »
From tomorrow mass gatherings will no longer be supported by emergency services... how will that impact on tomorrow's game?

Safety certificate null and void, and no game??

Although I think it means there is no guarantee of onsite precautionary presence of emergency services at events. We never have an ambulance on stand by at games, and usually the only Police is Simon Oswin (club's Police liaison officer, and serving anti-social behaviour officer).
Not too clear, but don't we have a club doctor attending games, as well as the St John's volunteer first aiders?
Anything major would be a 999 call, surely they're not saying an ambulance wouldn't attend?

Club doctor and St Johns are organised by the club, wouldn't be a problem.

I'm pretty sure they would attend a 999 call, but they won't provide precautionary services, as they will be needed for actual emergencies.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
Its irrelevant at the moment of course, but out of interest, how does it work with these 'precautionary services'?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:50 PM »
Its irrelevant at the moment of course, but out of interest, how does it work with these 'precautionary services'?

It's as simple as having an ambulance on standby at an event. I imagine the London marathon has ambulances stationed at several points during the course to cater for emergencies, rather than having to call 999 and wait for them to arrive.

Another example is having a police presence inside the ground.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 06:37:20 PM »
Schools closed from Friday and for the foreseeable future, exams cancelled.
Glasto gone, Eastenders ended, Eurovision nil points... where's it all going to end?
A resumption of the season on 3rd April was never going to happen.
The National League North Committee need a Skype meeting to figure out what they are going to do now.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »
Glasto gone, Eastenders ended, Eurovision nil points... where's it all going to end?
The National League North Committee need a Skype meeting to figure out what they are going to do now.

I'd be happy for the season to be cancelled to be honest. Go again next season. Yes, I know we were third.... but you'll annoy clubs no matter what you do.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »
I wish we were 3rd Pete. My ew bet would be up.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »
Is there a Liverpool fan you really don't like Pete?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 09:14:06 PM »
I don't think Liverpool should win the premier league title. But I think they should get a trophy in recognition of their great season.
I think it should be called victorious and recognition trophy.  Or VAR for short.  :D :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »

I'd be happy for the season to be cancelled to be honest. Go again next season. Yes, I know we were third.... but you'll annoy clubs no matter what you do.
Shall not miss Agro Enders, the worst programme on the TV.
Loads of aggressive southerners, fighting each other with their mouths.
Cor blimey govner, you woodnt adam and eve it.
I truly believe that they employ actors on there, that can't get work anywhere else.
Like the football season, let's just end it there, but for good in the case of eastenders.
I think that all the rude greedy and selfish shoppers that have been acting disgracefully since the Covid 19 breakout, have taken their people skills and manners from that good forsaken programme.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 06:03:14 PM »
12 weeks before the tide turns on Covid 19 according to the Prime Minister, and thats assuming people follow the social distancing advice.
Best case scenario would give us around 12 days before the lease expires at York Street, so a very remote possibility of one last game there. Million to one against the way its going so far, with many not following the advice. :-\

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »

Shall not miss Agro Enders, the worst programme on the TV.
Loads of aggressive southerners, fighting each other with their mouths.
Cor blimey govner, you woodnt adam and eve it.
I truly believe that they employ actors on there, that can't get work anywhere else.
Like the football season, let's just end it there, but for good in the case of eastenders.
I think that all the rude greedy and selfish shoppers that have been acting disgracefully since the Covid 19 breakout, have taken their people skills and manners from that good forsaken programme.
It's 10 years or more since I watched it  :o has it got that bad?
That scouser soap was the worst one I ever watched  :police:

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
12 weeks before the tide turns on Covid 19 according to the Prime Minister, and thats assuming people follow the social distancing advice.
Best case scenario would give us around 12 days before the lease expires at York Street, so a very remote possibility of one last game there. Million to one against the way its going so far, with many not following the advice. :-\

I imagine the plan was/is to move into the new stadium in August and play July friendly matches away from home. However home league / playoff matches could likely be scheduled for July now. Hopefully will be able to get a 1 month or so extension on York Street if needed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:17:24 PM by Lee Newell »