Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 46604 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
I am considering the dubious possibility that it’s the monkey in Africa to blame. He gets the blame for most things so why not this, despite the fact he hasn’t been to China.
As for controlling crowds at sporting events, I have a season ticket so will be ok. Anyway providing everyone stays 2 yards apart should be ok as well. Will certainly make the ground look full. 🤧
I blame it on Brexit, and if it's not that it's definitely Global Warming  ;D :P

Greta Thunberg will probably blame it on the inconsiderate older generation polluting the air with their coughing and spluttering.  :)

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 01:37:40 PM »
Monkeys, Brexit, climate change, Greta Thingamebob and the older generation. That must be enough to have a referendum. And if that doesn’t go our way we can winge winge and winge even more until we get the culprit we want.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 11:15:52 PM »
The Chief Scientific Officer, and the Chief Medical Officer, have figured out that if thousands of people gather together for a couple of hours it will not make any difference to the spread of the virus.
46 other countries, and the WHO, disagree with them  ??? ??? :-\

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »
All professional matches off.  How does that effect us?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »
No mention of suspending non league games on Sky News, so it looks like Amity Island beach is still open for business.  :o
Herd immunity is the goal according to the chief science officer, so a generation of golden oldies become shark bait  ???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »
Weed us old buggers out, we've served our purpose.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
No mention of suspending non league games on Sky News, so it looks like Amity Island beach is still open for business.  :o
Herd immunity is the goal according to the chief science officer, so a generation of golden oldies become shark bait  ???

Blimey, I could have the entire Spayne Road terrace to myself by the end of the season then (if the season is allowed to finish).  :P

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 04:39:57 PM »
According to National League website it's game on this weekend.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 07:33:10 PM »
GAME OFF
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Smoke Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »
If the game's off, does this mean we count as “elite football”?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 08:16:53 PM »
Chester FC have postponed this unilaterally. The "guff" is about protecting their local supporters. Really??? I believe an examination of their injury/suspension list might possibly reveal the true reason. They were beaten by league whipping boys Bradford PA in their last fixture. Their management team are, how shall I put this, street-wise. No doubt Craig will voice no criticism. He loves all the opposing dug-outs.

UTP

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »
Emergency legislation next week to ban all gatherings of 500+ people.
They were talking about this over two weeks ago, but decided to listen to the science. Now that events are driving policy, it looks like the herd immunity experiment could be shelved in favour of lock down, maybe two weeks too late.  ???
As far as football goes there's going to be so many people self-isolating soon you'd struggle to get a five a side game on.  :-\

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 07:21:45 AM »
Emergency legislation next week to ban all gatherings of 500+ people.
They were talking about this over two weeks ago, but decided to listen to the science. Now that events are driving policy, it looks like the herd immunity experiment could be shelved in favour of lock down, maybe two weeks too late.  ???
As far as football goes there's going to be so many people self-isolating soon you'd struggle to get a five a side game on.  :-\
Especially when the NHS are handling out 2 week sick notes with no consultation, have you been to Italy? "Yes" here is a sick note!
No evidence of travel required,  l bet that won't be taken advantage off.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 09:56:42 AM »
If they've called it contrary to National League policy, then surely they should forfeit the match.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »
Good point. If they are contravening fa rules then they should forfeit the points. If they already have a case of Corona in the camp I can understand it but without that I think they are technically in the wrong.