Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 45018 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 10:48:28 AM »
An extension of the lease may be a possibility if a buyer hasn't been found by June;  the ground hasn't been sold off yet, according to rumours.
The ownership is allegedly in transition/dispute at the moment, so it might be difficult to get all parties to agree.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »
I heard the same rumour.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »
What about a short-term ground share with Town if needed?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »
I would be happy with that.  Also much needed funds for our neighbours.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
I’m guess there must be one in place in case we got promoted the new ground probably won’t be allowed due to segregation issues.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
What about a short-term ground share with Town if needed?

Not up to Conference North standards. Not enough seats (can only be a couple of hundred), only a single turnstile, not enough toilet facilities, etc.

I’m guess there must be one in place in case we got promoted the new ground probably won’t be allowed due to segregation issues.

I imagine we'll be requesting a couple of away games to start the season. The end seating block hold 336, this could be given to away fans in the short term.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2020, 05:41:09 PM »
Pubs shut from today  :o

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »
Coronavirus job retention scheme created... 80% of salary paid by government, vat suspension measures to be put in place... unprecedented :o  :o

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2020, 01:26:52 AM »
And because Oxo is stranded they've put the season on hold until he can return. The influence that man wields!!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2020, 08:02:40 AM »
I imagine we'll be requesting a couple of away games to start the season.

We'll request it. League will ignore it. First game of the season we'll be at home to Spennymoor, the pitch won't quite be ready and the match will be postponed to midweek. Their fans will complain about the money they've already spent on chalets in Skegness. It'll get talked about on social media forever.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2020, 08:46:45 AM »
And because Oxo is stranded they've put the season on hold until he can return. The influence that man wields!!

Back now Woody although I much preferred isolating on the hotel balcony. Keep well me old mate.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2020, 10:35:39 AM »
Delighted you're back with us Oxo. I left SE Spain 10 days or so ago when there seemed to be no crisis there at all. We must compare experiences when we're next allowed to meet. Keep well everyone.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2020, 04:13:23 PM »
Boris has pushed peak coronavirus back to May/June  ??? to avoid overloading the NHS so, if he's right, we should be OK for the rest of the season.  8)
If he's wrong, and we see an exponential rise in the number of cases, they will introduce the new measures.
This was posted only a couple of weeks ago and now look at the state of the country  :o
May/June now reads March/April, with the infection numbers massively understated due to minimal testing.
Its going to be a bumpy ride so keep yer heads down Pilgrims  :-\

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2020, 08:56:09 AM »
How stupid are people?  Skegness and Hunstanton bursting at the seams Yesterday.  Mosques full to capacity in London for Friday prayers.  Tesco today like a war zone ( I know my wife works there. )

All of us at risk because people have not got their head around how serious this is.  Idiots are putting my family at risk.  What part of social distancing do they not understand? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:48:42 AM by Dipdodah »

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2020, 09:42:59 AM »
Butlins is shut but the other caravan parks are reportedly mainly open and doing good business in the sunshine.
Its a country-wide situation, the London parks were busy yesterday.
I expect the lock down will be extended as people need protecting from themselves and the greed of others.