Author Topic: The Cobra effect  (Read 46543 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cobra effect
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 10:53:05 AM »
Good point. If they are contravening fa rules then they should forfeit the points. If they already have a case of Corona in the camp I can understand it but without that I think they are technically in the wrong.

Yes surely no different than if there's a pitch inspection and referee says game on and Chester say they don't agree and call it off.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »
Good point. If they are contravening fa rules then they should forfeit the points. If they already have a case of Corona in the camp I can understand it but without that I think they are technically in the wrong.

Yes surely no different than if there's a pitch inspection and referee says game on and Chester say they don't agree and call it off.

Are you comparing a global pandemic to a waterlogged pitch??
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 11:13:12 AM »

Obviously this is far more serious however if the authorities say game on can the club over rule ?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »
Bromley v Chorley now postponed after someone on the Chorley team bus developed symptoms on the way to the game. Not sure how far they'd travelled, but presumably everyone else on the bus now has to travel back to Chorley in close proximity to someone who may, have the virus. It'll be very difficult to isolate in those circumstances, and this is precisely the reason why the National League needed to follow the precedent set by just about every other league concerned. If others within the Chorley party now go down with the virus then surely positions on the National League management committee must become untenable?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 01:13:16 PM »
I'm not saying that the poor guy has not got any symptoms, but postponing the match helps Chorley.  If the season has been declared null and void, then Chorley will not be relegated. Perhaps it's the cynic in me ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2020, 01:18:05 PM »

Obviously this is far more serious however if the authorities say game on can the club over rule ?

They can apply to have the game postponed, and then the league says yes or no. I doubt any leagues will say no to a postponement this weekend.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2020, 09:21:24 PM »
Oxo stuck in Spain,  confined to his room. We had better be prepared for the same in the near future. I have a bad feeling that we may have seen our last ever game at York street. I can't see this league lasting much longer.   :(

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2020, 10:58:58 PM »
Oxo grounded
How many other Pilgrims out there self-isolating with the symptoms?  ???
I've been locked down since Thursday!  :o

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 07:53:14 AM »
Apparently there are plans to quarantine the over 70s in their homes for 4 months.  Could be fake news, but, if true, it would ensure that there's a good crowd for the new ground next season (assuming the pandemic has abated) :police:

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Oxo grounded
How many other Pilgrims out there self-isolating with the symptoms?  ???
I've been locked down since Thursday!  :o
R

I left SE Spain (visiting nephew) by train on Tuesday, coming home via Barcelona and Paris (nights in each), so am keeping out of people's way for a bit - and particularly not visiting my 91-year-old parents in Boston until I know I didn't get anything. OK so far. May have got out of Spain in time.....

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »
Let's hope so Oakham, good luck!
Unfortunately all the precautions I took over the last 6 weeks haven't worked and I'm stuck here in isolation for at least 7 days.
Not sure if I've got it or just a flu bug, I'll probably never know as they're not testing self-isolators.
The symptoms are on a different scale to any cold I've had before, and I had the flu jab in November  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »
Looks like crowds to be limited to 500. I can see problems concerning promotion and relegation in all leagues. Lots of legal stuff to follow I fear. 

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2020, 04:59:10 PM »
From tomorrow mass gatherings will no longer be supported by emergency services... how will that impact on tomorrow's game?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »
From tomorrow mass gatherings will no longer be supported by emergency services... how will that impact on tomorrow's game?

Safety certificate null and void, and no game??

Although I think it means there is no guarantee of onsite precautionary presence of emergency services at events. We never have an ambulance on stand by at games, and usually the only Police is Simon Oswin (club's Police liaison officer, and serving anti-social behaviour officer).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:21:30 PM by Pilgrim86 »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
I see Kl match off tonight.