Author Topic: 3-5-2  (Read 6624 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
3-5-2
« on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
Please please please go back to 4-4-2, 2 games that we’ve created literally nothing. A master stroke against York but the start not working Craig.

Not having a major moan it’s a great season.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 3-5-2
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 10:19:41 PM »
Agree,  tonight worried me since Saturday.  I hoped I was wrong,  but we were outplayed by a better team on the night.  They were a yard quicker than us. We battled to a man and gave our all. We just have to put it down to one of those nights.  Chin up lads we can still do it.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 10:22:00 PM »
Don’t disagree but look at their team sheet The centre back who is player coach ex Newcastle and a full time team.  Tonight we were not out fought but outplayed and credit to them.  But a big but we are in the mix need win Sat. Atmosphere tonight was a bit flatt so need to get behind them as a massive game points wise. 

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
It looked like we should be where they are in the league and they should be where we are. They were better than us everywhere. Knowles missed a sitter, probably because the ball was moving. But one has to say Well Done Lads, for not going home at half time. I have said it before and got slated for it but why do we find it so difficult to score goals, they made it look so easy. Oh well, can’t win em all. Get back in the saddle and get positive again.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
Beaten by the better side who took their chances, and we simply didn't.
Fans walking out at 3-0 down and having a good old sulk.
Get real, after a great run and some very good battling performances, l don't think the players deserved that, and the chairman certainly doesn't.
Grow up!!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 06:21:02 AM »
I agree, it worked extremely well against York, but didn't get going last night and looked like a poor tactical decision. As previous posts have said, and indeed our manager on Radio Lincs, we were second best and beaten by the better side. His comments regarding just rolling over and not putting up a fight were spot on. We had too many players who looked tired and / or not bothered. I would like to say though that Heed were well organised, managed the game well and Liam Agnew is still a top quality midfielder at this level. You know what he's going to do, but stopping him doing it is another thing altogether. Anyway, that all said, we absolutely have to bounce back (weather permitting) and get 3 points on Saturday.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 08:49:35 AM »
The only difference between the teams (apart from the goals) was that they played the ball on the ground and we didn't, too many balls just hoofed up the pitch.

Apart from that well done lads.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »
Musn't grumble too much with the run we've been on. Gateshead a good side at this level, full time a big advantage, there are several full time teams in our league,  surprising it's financially viable at this level. Agnew probably the only central midfielder that's played for us over the past few years that I'd put into our current midfield.

Would like to see the 4-3-3 return Saturday. Didn't manage to score last night, needed a penalty to get a goal v Telford and to be honest we were a bit lucky against with goals v York with Mulhern's goal getting a deflection and Thanoj's was probably a cross then crept in.

Going back to 433 can get Thewlis back in the side who is the one player we've got that can really terrify defences, and I think playing every week up front rather than on the wing has the potential to score 20 to 25 goals over a season. The 433 suits Knowles too but probably doesn't suit Mulhern who may have to be sacrificed in this formation, go with Rollins, Knowles and Thewlis as front 3. Wouldn't be room for one of the back 3 in the side who had all been playing well. Whittle doesn't look as good in the wing back role as he does as a left back in back 4. Overall 433 formation we've played most of the season and suits the side with the midfield 3 we have.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:39:40 AM by Lee Newell »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »
The only difference between the teams (apart from the goals) was that they played the ball on the ground and we didn't, too many balls just hoofed up the pitch.

Apart from that well done lads.

Agree Ernie 100 ,    Revert to 433 as suggested by Lee Newell ,   drop Scott Garner to the bench and eliminate most the  hoof balls .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »
We did hoof a lot last night. Never really agree with playing players out of position so let's get Rollins further up the pitch and lad who's on loan from Salford in at right back.

I think Craig has utilised the wing backs formation one game too many.

TEP

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:59 PM »
Interesting what Craig said about Whittle when interviewed by Radio Lincs, well maybe what he didn’t say.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
Agree it is a terrible result but a play off spot has been virtually secured - its just where exactly in the top 7 we will finish now. Still plenty of points up for grabs, so roll on Saturday!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »
Interesting what Craig said about Whittle when interviewed by Radio Lincs, well maybe what he didn’t say.

The way Whittle limped away at the final whistle makes me doubt he will be fit for Saturday.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »

The way Whittle limped away at the final whistle makes me doubt he will be fit for Saturday.
I've thought he's been carrying an injury for quite a while. He's often down during a game and Ash Jackson seems to be a regular sub, so is he there specifically and solely in case Alex Whittle can't make the full 90 in any event?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 06:56:21 PM »
Looks like change of formation tonight, return of a back 4. Sheils being ill and unavailable would make going back to a back 4 easy decision