Author Topic: Request for Brackley away  (Read 3429 times)

scottbufc

• View Profile
Request for Brackley away
« on: February 25, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »
Hi all

Looking for a favour for Brackley away next Tue evening.

I'm unable to get out of work early in London, the recommended train route to Brackley is going to Banbury and taking the Stagecoach bus from there which would have been fine had the game been played last Saturday, midweek of course it doesn't leave enough time!

I'd like to ask if anybody would be able to pick me up from Northampton train station at 7pm and drop me back there after the game? If anybody is able to do this then I'll cover their entry fee for the game.

I can also get to Milton Keynes or Banbury stations if that is better for anybody who is prepared to pick me up but I'm guessing 95% of people will be coming Boston-Spalding-Peterborough-Northampton-Brackley route so assumed Northampton station would be best.

Thanks a lot.
Scott

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Request for Brackley away
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »
Hi Scott

Are you able to get on Thameslink to Harpenden? Hoping to go to the game, would aim to leave Harpenden around 6ish.
Need to shoot off straight after the game so may not be able to help with the return journey, depending on where you are heading.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
I admire the effort some supporters put in to get to a BUFC game. Well done.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
I’m on the train and getting into King Sutton or Banbury (haven’t decided yet) at around 6.45 I think So could possibly be on look out for a lift too as coming from Bristol to London via Brackley on Tuesday!

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 03:31:30 PM »
I am local to MK station if a lift from & back there is useful?

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »
Hi Scott

Are you able to get on Thameslink to Harpenden? Hoping to go to the game, would aim to leave Harpenden around 6ish.
Need to shoot off straight after the game so may not be able to help with the return journey, depending on where you are heading.

Thanks a lot for the offer SP, did look at times but the earliest I can get there without leaving work early would be 6.21pm so Aggy's offer below works better logistically for me, thanks again though.

I am local to MK station if a lift from & back there is useful?

Yes this would be great thanks aggy. I can get into MK Central at 6.45pm if that's alright with you? Thanks a lot.

I admire the effort some supporters put in to get to a BUFC game. Well done.

Haha, thanks. I've only done about 10 games this season myself, I know there are some others who put in much more serious mileage than me!

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 04:55:32 PM »
It's a pleasure Scott.
6.45 is good for me. I will send you a pm with my contact number.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 06:20:33 PM »
I may be able to get a lift back to Northampton after the game if it helps
I'm going train from brum to banbury then bus on the way in. Should be in by half 5 or 6
Was offered a potential lift to Northampton on the way back although the bus does now run late to banbury

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:14 PM »
I may be able to get a lift back to Northampton after the game if it helps
I'm going train from brum to banbury then bus on the way in. Should be in by half 5 or 6
Was offered a potential lift to Northampton on the way back although the bus does now run late to banbury

Nice one, thanks. I'll stick with aggy's offer for now as MK is a shorter train journey compared to Bambury or Northampton. I was going to do that Banbury then bus route but I can't leave work until 5.30pm so doesn't leave enough time, earliest I'd be able to get into Brackley doing that would be 8pm. Thanks though.