Author Topic: v Telford  (Read 9662 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Telford
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 10:49:54 PM »
Up to third with those around us faltering.
Very dissapointed that we are not getting a crowd of 1600 plus every game, what else does this team and club have to do to prove our well it's doing.
No doubt they will all crawl out of the woodwork for a play final, or if we win the league proclaiming they are life long fans.

We'll need a big band waggon for all those part-time fans to get on if we get to a play off final but meantime it doesn't often get an outing.
United we stand..................

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »
So in future there are only 3 words that anybody who comes on here has to write and they are “well done lads”. Nothing else to say about the games, the players or manager. In fact anything else is completely hot air and irrelevant, so I’ll finish by saying “well done lads”.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 01:28:34 AM »
Well done lads

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 07:05:19 AM »
Well done lads an important 3 points. But that was absolutely never a penalty.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
In respect of crowds we have to remember we have 3 games in a week, not everyone will be able to afford to attend every game.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 09:50:54 AM »
In respect of crowds we have to remember we have 3 games in a week, not everyone will be able to afford to attend every game.
This always baffles me a bit... if you had a tenner for the postponed game in your pocket couldn't you hang on to it for a bit longer?

I

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 09:53:29 AM »
Well done lads for..
Getting a win in horrible conditions
Not conceding
For 6 wins in a row.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 10:44:03 AM »
Will take any sort of win with the greatest of pleasure but I must agree with Chubby the crowds are pathetic in numbers for a team flying and vying for promotion. Are the club actually doing enough to get the message out there and encouraging people through the gate I fear not. Duncan does his utmost through the Standard but I don't see any adverts for games in there or any other publication. It also doesn't help to have such a low key report by whoever that person is in the NLP. The Clubs web site does little to get people thrilled when they visit it. I hope the Chairman reads this and instructs hie C E O to get a grip.  UTP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »
Shocking turnout from both sides
Shocking game to watch
Seems like a poor decision for the penalty, makes up for the one not given v Curzon I suppose
Defence were excellent
Very important win

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:55 PM »
Hi Josh. You forgot to say “well done lads”. 😎🤪👋

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »
Will take any sort of win with the greatest of pleasure but I must agree with Chubby the crowds are pathetic in numbers for a team flying and vying for promotion. Are the club actually doing enough to get the message out there and encouraging people through the gate I fear not. Duncan does his utmost through the Standard but I don't see any adverts for games in there or any other publication. It also doesn't help to have such a low key report by whoever that person is in the NLP. The Clubs web site does little to get people thrilled when they visit it. I hope the Chairman reads this and instructs hie C E O to get a grip.  UTP

I remember big Yellow posters all around the town.  How about some in Polish, Romanian, Russian, Latvian etc.  Surely we could tap into the 23,000 foreign nationals, it is their home town.  Give them a feeling of belonging, this is a sure fire way, sport brings all together.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »
We're showing the ability and the attitude to win in whatever circumstances are put before us at the moment. In recent weeks, in the Brackley game we battled against a team that was better than us on the day. Against York our skills won the day, and yesterday we even beat the weather. Our versatility could prove to be a major strength in the run in... Well done lads!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
So many gritty performances yesterday on a day when the weather was the winner. Agree re crowds when see what Lynn are now getting. With just a few games left at York Street we should be getting 2k to a game especially as we have a quality squad on a great run. Schools just be given free tickets to fill the place to create a party atmosphere and get them spending on food the parents a beer and create a buzz with the run in.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
So many gritty performances yesterday on a day when the weather was the winner. Agree re crowds when see what Lynn are now getting. With just a few games left at York Street we should be getting 2k to a game especially as we have a quality squad on a great run. Schools just be given free tickets to fill the place to create a party atmosphere and get them spending on food the parents a beer and create a buzz with the run in.
We need to promote it more, yes l do agree with Mel that the club has a responsibility to do this, but we could all be getting the word out a bit more, many towns have a "Spotted In " Facebook page, if we all  advertising our next game in our local town spotted page it will get the word out, l will start it off by doing the Spalding page.
It's just a thought and could help.
Who else is up for helping out.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »
Just a shout out to Frank Mullhern, l am right in saying that this guy is real class.
I love watching him play, and he is always looking around him using some lovely hold up play, and his ability to find space and a pass is first class.
Him and Knowles are starting to look like a partnership.
Another player who we have only seen glimpses of so far is Mr Hislop, but yesterday when he came on, he got us on the front foot and some of his skill and passing was fantastic, when our strikers start to read him, no defence in this league will keep us out.
We really have a team now, that is strong in every area of the pitch, l mean when you look at the quality on our bench yesterday Wafula, Jackson, Wright, Thewlis, Hislop and l think the new lad.
Most teams would start with them every week in our league.
We have steadily built this season and moved on.
Thanks must go to RB and the chairman for finding these players and DN for backing these moves.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".