Author Topic: pitch inspection  (Read 9244 times)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Re: pitch inspection
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »
Agree chris, all bar one bsp games where off I think.

Remember being in Scarborough a few years back and the game getting called off at 2.45!!!  So better plenty of advanced notice

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
I think hucknall was well aware that they was about to cash in on a healthy attendence made up with a large boston backing, so im sure if there was any chance of getting the game on they would have pulled out all the stops to get it on.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
I agree Chris - I'm in Sheffield and it was frozen solid yesterday. I can only assume the frost wasn't too bad in Lincolnshire....

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
Does anyone know if we have pitch covers at york street? looking at the weather forecast it looks like next saturday could be a repeat of today and yesterday with a lot of matches called off with frozen pitches

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
Agree chris, all bar one bsp games where off I think.

Remember being in Scarborough a few years back and the game getting called off at 2.45!!!  So better plenty of advanced notice

I remember that game. We were getting our coats out of the boot when a Scarborough fan told us not to bother, they had just called off the game.
As for covers for the York Street pitch. Has any one checked to see if fatty left any underpants or vests kicking about? I'd say you'd only need two or three pairs to cover it.  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?