Author Topic: pitch inspection  (Read 9209 times)

thepilgrims

• View Profile

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: pitch inspection
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »
 Gives a hard frost tonight and not rising much above freezing tomorrow, I would say its more likely to be off. 

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »
Kendal Town's game has been called off. Their fixture backlog is getting to a point where it is a real disadvantage for them now.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
Good, and more bad weather to come, it will hopefully get worse for them

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:36:48 AM »
Happy new year one and all, hope you all had a good one, looking forward to todays game, can't envisage any problems with the weather, did not freeze as hard as expected, ground is pretty soft under foot, see you all there.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:46:14 AM »
Large following expected from Boston. Lets cheer them on to the top of the league. Anyone desperate for a lift then please let me know, leaving boston at mid-day .

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
Happy new year one and all, hope you all had a good one, looking forward to todays game, can't envisage any problems with the weather, did not freeze as hard as expected, ground is pretty soft under foot, see you all there.

so its hopefully expected to be on ?

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
I'm not holding my breath. Very frosty in my bit of Nottingham this morning. Ilkeston v Eastwood has been called off already (although that was a noon kick off)
Current weather conditions in Watnall (down the road from Hucknall's ground): http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/nottingham_watnall_latest_weather.html

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
Looking doubtful then, especially with the daytime temperature not getting much above freezing !

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
TODAY'S MATCH IS OFF

http://www.hucknalltownfc.com/

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
was looking forward to this 1  :-\

happy new year all  :)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »

What did you expect?

A mickey mouse club in a mickey mouse league who appear to have done next to nothing to try and get the game on.

Sadly Boston and FCUM are the exception in this league when it comes to trying to get games on, the rest of the clubs seem to make no effort even when they can see a Boston or FCUM coming with the extra revenue their support brings.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »

What did you expect?

A mickey mouse club in a mickey mouse league who appear to have done next to nothing to try and get the game on.

Sadly Boston and FCUM are the exception in this league when it comes to trying to get games on, the rest of the clubs seem to make no effort even when they can see a Boston or FCUM coming with the extra revenue their support brings.

They will have lost at least a couple of thousand in revenue if not more today. We took loads to Trinity when we weren't doing well so I think there would have been a big support there today.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 12:24:56 PM »
No New Year's Day fixture for two seasons in a row, and this one off at 10am because of a bit of frost... This has to be one of the main motives to get out of this league...

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 11:51:31 PM »
I'm not sure what exactly people think Hucknall could have done to get the game on. Temperature has barely risen above 0 C all day and its always seems to be cold at Watnall Road anyway. No snow to insulate the pitch. No games on within an hour's drive of Nottingham in any league - above or below us.

I'd rather the game was called off at 10am than at 1.30pm or later to save everyone a wasted journey. We played on a rock hard pitch at Ilkeston last season and the game was a farce and potentially dangerous. If the game had been played today and someone seriously injured or we'd lost no doubt people would be on here moaning about bloody tinpot leagues forcing us to play games on unfit pitches etc etc etc.

Rant over. Happy New Year.