Author Topic: King's Lynn  (Read 19425 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »
King's Lynn Town Football Club has this afternoon appealed for fans to help them cover club costs as the Coronavirus outbreak shuts down normal life in Britain.

The Linnets say they are facing a shortfall of around £100,000 in income as a result of the suspension of the National League season.

Lynn currently has four games left to play but with current Government advice discouraging large gatherings of people there is no indication of when, or even if, the fixtures will be completed.

A statement on the club's website said: "As you will be aware the National League suspended it's three leagues until at least April 3 due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus.

"With four home league games remaining to be played, and with no guarantee that these will be completed in the near future, the club is facing a lack of income.

"This comes from gate money, matchday hospitality and catering programme and merchandise sales along with numerous events in the Blue and Gold Clubroom which are being cancelled in wake of the latest advice from the government.

"With all of this combined we estimate a total shortfall of around £100,000 which is required to pay wages and various other bills associated with running a business.

"Club chairman Stephen Cleeve has agreed to cover some of the shortfall himself but cannot commit to being able to cover the rest at this time.

"It is with this is mind that we are asking that if people who have purchased tickets for the Brackley game, or coach travel to Kettering, are able to give this money to the club as a donation we would be most appreciative.

"Refunds are available by contacting Zoe Sandle via email (zoe.sandle@kltown.co.uk) by Friday, March 20, at 3pm.

"The club are also selling off the Southport match programmes for £3, including postage and packing.

A link will shortly be live on the website (follow the match ticket lin ) to purchase and you will need to send a Stamp addressed envelope to: Mark Hearle, King's Lynn Town FC, The Walks Stadium, Tennyson Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 5PB.
Living beyond their means, extreme circumstances that nobody could have predicted.
But l would suspect the wage bill must be somewhat big, if the club can't afford to pay it.
I mean, if they are relying on people to come through the turnstiles to pay the wages, then that's an extremely risky tactic.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 08:01:19 AM »
£100,000 shortfall

4 games left

Average gate 1400

1400 x £12 x 4 = £67,200

The maths don't add up.

It'll end in tears

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »
It's almost like their wage bill is huge.... who could ever have guessed it?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »
I do have sympathy for fans of clubs that go bust, it doesn’t take much, a bad season or two or some dodgy owners - we know that better than anyone.

However I have no sympathy for a club to be in the position of going bankrupt twice, that should simply not happen. What happened to learning your lessons?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2020, 10:32:57 AM »
£100,000 shortfall

4 games left

Average gate 1400

1400 x £12 x 4 = £67,200

The maths don't add up.

It'll end in tears

If your gate estimate is correct a figure of £50k in income is the tops Andy .   Deduct Vat and season ticket holders .

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »
The attempts on here to sum up another clubs finances with a couple of multiplications when you have no clue what's going on are laughable.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »
Have to agree with the majority of my fellow posters that, sadly, it is not looking too rosy at the moment for The Linnets from a financial viewpoint given the statement given on their website. They are not the only club to suffer from a large wage bill and other expenses whilst performing at a regional non-league football level and this, of course, has not been lessened by the fact that there are no paying spectators for the foreseeable future. Tragically, the phoenix King's Lynn Town's issues are just the tip of the iceberg for football in this and other countries. 
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »
Well I hope they do not go under, Im sure they won. The main reason is that they are our derby day neighbours and we all enjoy them big days, albeit they treat away fans awfully.Along with the fact that we have also paid top dollar for many of our players, albeit in envelopes hence why we got in a mess years ago.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »
Well I hope they do not go under, Im sure they won. The main reason is that they are our derby day neighbours and we all enjoy them big days, albeit they treat away fans awfully.Along with the fact that we have also paid top dollar for many of our players, albeit in envelopes hence why we got in a mess years ago.
they went under before approx 10 years ago and folded mid season, to be abandoned by  their fans, who are only turning up again with the current success, and will disappear just as quickly when it stops, so I admire your outlook, but as you says the fans are awful, so don't feel too sorry for them. There more than a few similarities and comparisons between them and Ferriby of a few seasons ago, and they were an obnoxious bunch too, and look where they are now. I like to call it Karma, and it will bite your ass!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2020, 05:33:52 PM »
I see Kings Lynn have given £500 in a week.  Well that’s Marriot paid Monday to Thursday week one.  What about the other 20 players.?

Seems like if the Chairman cannot find a 100 grand to get them through this crisis what hope will he have of financing a team at the Top Level of Non League football next season.   Lynn fans throwing a few pounds at it seems like chucking good money away.

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2020, 07:35:33 PM »
The attempts on here to sum up another clubs finances with a couple of multiplications when you have no clue what's going on are laughable.
Couldn't agree more. Someone on here couln't even get the admission price correct when doing his sums. Same as when people speculate on players wages. Laughable at times.
Silly of their Chairman to go cap in hand to the supporters the way he has though. Dispels the myth that he appears to like to perpetuate that he is a very wealthy man. Has he sold the Bentley now? If so, I hope he can remember if it was leased or not!
I woud guess that a grand sum of £500 achieved so far by supporters pressing the Donate button proves that he's on his own when it comes to finances. Not too many supporters donating if, as according to their forum, one has donated £100 and another £60! Well apparently he likes to work on his own and unimpeded, so doubt that he will be too bothered about that?
Corona virus can't be blamed for the Clubs current hardship, if a top of table club with a massive  upturn in gates and income needs 100k to get them to end of season. Looks like a case of hand to mouth finances. Someone appears to have got carried away and a lack of business and common sense is coming back to bite him.
Be a shame if the Club does suffer due to one individuals actions. Apart from the circa 300k (Club accounts) he's put in (sale of pub?) to get them to the position they are in, I don't think the majority of Kings Lynn supporters think he has brought anything else to the Club.
Supporters also wondering why they are hearing nothing from Culverhouse or their Director of Football. If they are asking for hand outs from supporters to fund their wages, you would think they would at least have the decency to communicate with them.
As Semion has said, could be good money after bad.
Strange lot down the Road.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2020, 06:24:12 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Someone on here couln't even get the admission price correct when doing his sums. Same as when people speculate on players wages. Laughable at times.
Silly of their Chairman to go cap in hand to the supporters the way he has though. Dispels the myth that he appears to like to perpetuate that he is a very wealthy man. Has he sold the Bentley now? If so, I hope he can remember if it was leased or not!
I woud guess that a grand sum of £500 achieved so far by supporters pressing the Donate button proves that he's on his own when it comes to finances. Not too many supporters donating if, as according to their forum, one has donated £100 and another £60! Well apparently he likes to work on his own and unimpeded, so doubt that he will be too bothered about that?
Corona virus can't be blamed for the Clubs current hardship, if a top of table club with a massive  upturn in gates and income needs 100k to get them to end of season. Looks like a case of hand to mouth finances. Someone appears to have got carried away and a lack of business and common sense is coming back to bite him.
Be a shame if the Club does suffer due to one individuals actions. Apart from the circa 300k (Club accounts) he's put in (sale of pub?) to get them to the position they are in, I don't think the majority of Kings Lynn supporters think he has brought anything else to the Club.
Supporters also wondering why they are hearing nothing from Culverhouse or their Director of Football. If they are asking for hand outs from supporters to fund their wages, you would think they would at least have the decency to communicate with them.
I suppose at the end of the day, everything will come out at the end of the season, no matter how much has been spent etc, nobody can deny that so far Culverhouse and Bazza have done a great job, but after all it is the chairman's job to control the finances, as l have always said, if our late chairman had said no to Evan's we probably wouldn't have gone bust.
But l do believe the fuse was lit long before Evan's arrived.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »
I suppose at the end of the day, everything will come out at the end of the season, no matter how much has been spent etc, nobody can deny that so far Culverhouse and Bazza have done a great job, but after all it is the chairman's job to control the finances, as l have always said, if our late chairman had said no to Evan's we probably wouldn't have gone bust.

Too much focus on Kings Lynn .   How many teams at our level can survive on gate money ?   
I foresee even more lower league footballers than we have become accustomed to out of a club in August .   As it will be in most professions pay cuts will be the order of  the day .   

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2020, 12:55:51 PM »

Too much focus on Kings Lynn .   How many teams at our level can survive on gate money ?   
I foresee even more lower league footballers than we have become accustomed to out of a club in August .   As it will be in most professions pay cuts will be the order of  the day .

Hope you're right Pete, for too long absolutely mediocre 6th rate players have been earning salaries that totally dwarf their ability. If one thing good comes out of this whole episode its that a little more common sense is applied to wages at ALL levels of football.
Of course give it 6 months and another KL type situation is bound to arise.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 11:38:45 PM »
They signed a player for a fee this week...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/