Author Topic: King's Lynn  (Read 19411 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2020, 01:57:41 PM »
Come on guys we have to be careful when we start throwing the brown stuff about.   Glasshouses, Evans etc.   Certainly done for us, and lucky to be back where we are.

True semion ,  If Lynn go bust they will be in a better place than we were ,  their ground belongs to the council.
If they did go belly up, l wouldn't count on the council to do them any favours, they refused to help out last time, and if Lynn hasn't learned their lessons from that, why would the council want to bailout them out this time.
Houses looking over the Walks would be much more of a attractive prospect than a football ground.
God l am cynical.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2020, 03:37:35 PM »
Come on guys we have to be careful when we start throwing the brown stuff about.   Glasshouses, Evans etc.   Certainly done for us, and lucky to be back where we are.

True semion ,  If Lynn go bust they will be in a better place than we were ,  their ground belongs to the council.
If they did go belly up, l wouldn't count on the council to do them any favours, they refused to help out last time, and if Lynn hasn't learned their lessons from that, why would the council want to bailout them out this time.
Houses looking over the Walks would be much more of a attractive prospect than a football ground.
God l am cynical.
YS belongs to private owners , if Chestnuts had not come in to keep the club trading we would have been evicted and the ground sold . And a reformed club would have had no ground .
I would think if KL went belly up the council would let a reformed club rent the ground .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2020, 03:45:29 PM »

God l am cynical.
YS belongs to private owners , if Chestnuts had not come in to keep the club trading we would have been evicted and the ground sold . And a reformed club would have had no ground .
I would think if KL went belly up the council would let a reformed club rent the ground .
it's exactly what happened 10 seasons ago. KL were wound up mid season and reformed the following year. It was the same Unibond season we beat Durham 10-0. KL had scored 11 against them but it was expunged from the records due to KL packing up.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2020, 08:35:10 PM »
Cash flow problems for KL.
Paying £900 a week for Southwell and...... £1900 a week for Marriott. Both unsustainable in this league.
Sorry, but this is nonsense.
Marriott is indeed the biggest earner at Kings Lynn, but he's on £800 per week, which is still plenty at this level. Southwell was not offered anymore from Kings Lynn than he was offered elsewhere, but choose Kings Lynn. A professional such as Southwell would take into account the Management set up as well as what's on offer financially and I have to say as far as that goes, Kings Lynn seem to have the lead due to Culverhouse.
Anyway Southwell and what he's earning is not that important  in the grand scheme of things, apart from meaning that Kings Lynn now have a full squad to choose from, which is sonething they have not had for most of the season.The difference between Kings Lynn and otber Clubs is Culverhouse and his ability to get the right player at the right time. This can be seen in recent weeks when utilising his contacts with Norwich, and when he managed to get Power on loan. This lad could fit straight into most Championship sides (yes, he is that good). Norwich keen to keep him on their books and he is earmarked to be a regular Norwich first team player next season.
I don't think people should worry about Kings Lynn and what they spend, especially in future seasons,  as a closer tie up with Norwich is on the cards so more players such as Power will be Lynn bound, and financially that makes a lot of sense for both parties.
Playing Championship players at this level though.......not sure if I think thats fair or not!
Could all be academic though as latest rumour is that its a straight race between Warnock and Culverhouse if Lambert gets the chop.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:15:16 PM by Blue is the Colour »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2020, 09:05:02 AM »
Paying £900 a week for Southwell and...... £1900 a week for Marriott. Both unsustainable in this league.
Marriott is indeed the biggest earner at Kings Lynn, but he's on £800 per week, which is still plenty at this level. Southwell was not offered anymore from Kings Lynn than he was offered elsewhere, but choose Kings Lynn. A professional such as Southwell would take into account the Management set up as well as what's on offer financially and I have to say as far as that goes, Kings Lynn seem to have the lead due to Culverhouse.
Anyway Southwell and what he's earning is not that important  in the grand scheme of things, apart from meaning that Kings Lynn now have a full squad to choose from, which is sonething they have not had for most of the season.The difference between Kings Lynn and otber Clubs is Culverhouse and his ability to get the right player at the right time. This can be seen in recent weeks when utilising his contacts with Norwich, and when he managed to get Power on loan. This lad could fit straight into most Championship sides (yes, he is that good). Norwich keen to keep him on their books and he is earmarked to be a regular Norwich first team player next season.
I don't think people should worry about Kings Lynn and what they spend, especially in future seasons,  as a closer tie up with Norwich is on the cards so more players such as Power will be Lynn bound, and financially that makes a lot of sense for both parties.
Playing Championship players at this level though.......not sure if I think thats fair or not!
Could all be academic though as latest rumour is that its a straight race between Warnock and Culverhouse if Lambert gets the chop.

Good post Blue, I thought wages at Lynn had been exaggerated plus the fact it’s got little to do with me as Boston fan anyway. Do you think the Tractor boys will come looking for IC? And more to the point would he go to the enemy 😀
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »
So then what happens if Culverhouse goes, as he is obviously the main link between Norwich and Lynn.
I am sure he will be keeping those links going if he moves on.
You shouldn't rely on to many loan players that are firmly in the future plans of their mother club.
Boston did that under Green with Sunderland and when those players returned to their club, we were left with massive holes to plug, which we couldn't.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »

God l am cynical.
No sorry they wouldn't, the money they would get from the ground if sold to a property developer would be millions, it would take decades to earn that out of rent.
Believe me councils are  not sentimental or benevolent, they have to act for benefit of all not just a few football fans.
That's business l am afraid, we only held on to York Street because we didn't get wound up in the high court, so technically we still held the lease, and the fact we had the Malkinsons as owners who obviously have an emotional connection with the club.
The other side to this is that, what happens when the lease has  expired at the Walks, unless it is written into your contract the landlord does not have to give you an extension or renew your lease.
That's the same in any kind of lease agreement, many clubs are trying to either buy there ground from their landlords or move to one they own, much like we are doing.
Probably that's why Lynn's chairman is not prepared to sink more of his money into the infrastructure of the club, if he knows that the landlord will not sell it to him or renew the lease.
Lynn will need to move away from the Walks if they want to be self sufficient going forward, they are in many respects in the same position as we are or were.

"I don't believe you""

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2020, 12:39:58 PM »
Kings Lynn Chairman likes to hear his own voice so it’s no secret that he’s just persuaded the Council to extend the lease. I think it was said has 21 years left on it now.
Two things would stop Developers getting their hands on it, which is a shame for Lynn fans as it must be worth Millions and they could well afford to build a new stadium for the Club from the proceeds.
Their Trust has registered the ground as a place of community interest, and apparently there is a Covenant on there to stop it being developed.
A massive bonus for Kings Lynn is that the ground is on a Peppercorn rent, of less than £50 a week. That goes a long way to explain how they can afford to do what they do.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:17:00 PM by Blue is the Colour »

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2020, 12:53:46 PM »

Probably that's why Lynn's chairman is not prepared to sink more of his money into the infrastructure of the club, if he knows that the landlord will not sell it to him or renew the lease.
Lynn will need to move away from the Walks if they want to be self sufficient going forward, they are in many respects in the same position as we are or were.

Looking at their accounts and their Chairman’s recent comments about cash flow, I think there’s a far more simpler reason why he apparently said at start of season he wasn’t going to continue pumping his money in. A business failure last year leaving local traders out of pocket and the sale of his pub. Draw your own conclusions.
Seen it all before when it comes to football. People never learn. There’s always someone who thinks he’s going to be a White Knight but learns their lesson when it’s too late.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:17:39 PM by Blue is the Colour »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2020, 02:03:34 PM »

Looking at their accounts and their Chairman’s recent comments about cash flow, I think there’s a far more simpler reason why he apparently said at start of season he wasn’t going to continue pumping his money in. A business failure last year leaving local traders out of pocket and the sale of his pub. Draw your own conclusions.
Seem it all before when it comes to football. People never learn. There’s always someone who thinks he’s going to be a White Knight but learns their lesson when it’s too late.
Very true words, let's hope though none of these rumours come true.
I quite like having a local rival a few miles down the road.
"I don't believe you""

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2020, 03:07:14 PM »
So then what happens if Culverhouse goes, as he is obviously the main link between Norwich and Lynn.
I am sure he will be keeping those links going if he moves on.
You shouldn't rely on to many loan players that are firmly in the future plans of their mother club.
Boston did that under Green with Sunderland and when those players returned to their club, we were left with massive holes to plug, which we couldn't.

With Boston apart from the Sunderland link we lost  .  Southwell. Pidge . Garner , Mills and  Felix .   A player on a years loan is no different to a team on one year contracts which is common in our league .     That's the reality of not being able to afford to tie players up with long term contracts , as we found out we lost half the team at a stroke .

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
Do you think the Tractor boys will come looking for IC? And more to the point would he go to the enemy 😀

If I was him and with past history, I'd love to be able to prove I could succeed where Lambert has failed.
I think Lambert may have dodged the bullet for now, so may have to be until end of the season to see if anything comes of it.
I would doubt Culverhouse would have any concerns about going to the enemy.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2020, 04:33:43 PM »
Kings Lynn only pay £50 in peppercorn rent.   What do the local council tax payers think to that in Lynn, when they are paying players £800 a week.

Hardly surprising they can afford a huge wage bill when they enjoy that kind of support from the local tax payer.   These councils are very good at spending other people’s money.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »
King's Lynn Town Football Club has this afternoon appealed for fans to help them cover club costs as the Coronavirus outbreak shuts down normal life in Britain.

The Linnets say they are facing a shortfall of around £100,000 in income as a result of the suspension of the National League season.

Lynn currently has four games left to play but with current Government advice discouraging large gatherings of people there is no indication of when, or even if, the fixtures will be completed.

A statement on the club's website said: "As you will be aware the National League suspended it's three leagues until at least April 3 due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus.

"With four home league games remaining to be played, and with no guarantee that these will be completed in the near future, the club is facing a lack of income.

"This comes from gate money, matchday hospitality and catering programme and merchandise sales along with numerous events in the Blue and Gold Clubroom which are being cancelled in wake of the latest advice from the government.

"With all of this combined we estimate a total shortfall of around £100,000 which is required to pay wages and various other bills associated with running a business.

"Club chairman Stephen Cleeve has agreed to cover some of the shortfall himself but cannot commit to being able to cover the rest at this time.

"It is with this is mind that we are asking that if people who have purchased tickets for the Brackley game, or coach travel to Kettering, are able to give this money to the club as a donation we would be most appreciative.

"Refunds are available by contacting Zoe Sandle via email (zoe.sandle@kltown.co.uk) by Friday, March 20, at 3pm.

"The club are also selling off the Southport match programmes for £3, including postage and packing.

A link will shortly be live on the website (follow the match ticket lin ) to purchase and you will need to send a Stamp addressed envelope to: Mark Hearle, King's Lynn Town FC, The Walks Stadium, Tennyson Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 5PB.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
Thank God this is the season that we had a decent FA Cup run, the extra money generated from that will certainly help in the coming few weeks of non-activity.