Author Topic: King's Lynn  (Read 19400 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 10:41:17 PM »
Cash flow problems for KL.
Paying £900 a week for Southwell and...... £1900 a week for Marriott. Both unsustainable in this league.

Are Lynn seriously paying that?  Huge money for part time at this level.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:39 AM »
Cash flow problems for KL.
Paying £900 a week for Southwell and...... £1900 a week for Marriott. Both unsustainable in this league.

Are Lynn seriously paying that?  Huge money for part time at this level.
I don't really know TBH, the rumours have been circulating a while regarding them paying out big wages.
But unless you have access to there wages bill, then none of us can truly say what they pay.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »
The Southwell wage is about right, yes. I hadn't heard the Marriott figure before but if that's true that's unbelievable for this level. Completely unsustainable.

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »
Cannot believe that Marriott is on that amount of money, absolutely ridiculous

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
I and many others were certain Marriot would leave Lynn in January ,   If the claim is right about his pay no wonder nobody took him on .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
I heard something about tom ward being on 400 a week so I suppose it is all believable....

Let nature take its course

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 07:00:44 AM »
Don't like to see clubs fold. However...

If King's Lynn went belly up as quickly as North Ferriby did and their record was expunged, we would lose no points and York would lose three. We'd then be second in the league, three points behind the leaders York and with two games in hand. I'd then expect us to go up automatically.

But let's win this league in better circumstances.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 08:02:21 AM »
I think that's highly unlikely, and in any event I would HATE to win the league like that. I'd much prefer King's Lynn to spend within their means and not get into trouble in the first place! And are they even in trouble right now? I've not heard anything, and if their chairman's chucking the money in for now then they'll easily last the season out. It's next season he's going to have a nasty surprise and may reconsider bankrolling them. The National League has ruined Chorley's finances.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »
Thanks for all the concerns about our finances.....however it's not that bad just a temporary thing as by the time we play at home next Tuesday against Bradford it'll be 5/6 weeks since a home game which most clubs would struggle with! No sign of anything not being paid. There is no hint of us not finishing the season (sorry to disappoint).

One thing I like about non-league is that I always enjoy fans of other clubs who seems to know other clubs wage bills......always take it with a pitch of salt unless it's come from our chairman or manager, which I'm sure it hasn't!! Lots of good "sources" in non-league football.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season. Going to be an exciting run in.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
Come on guys we have to be careful when we start throwing the brown stuff about.   Glasshouses, Evans etc.   Certainly done for us, and lucky to be back where we are.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »
Things must be ok, the players and staff are all heading up to Gateshead tonight, in preparation for the game tomorrow. Overnight stops in this league are a nice luxury to be able to afford.

TEP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 06:30:53 PM »
I think that's highly unlikely, and in any event I would HATE to win the league like that. I'd much prefer King's Lynn to spend within their means and not get into trouble in the first place! And are they even in trouble right now? I've not heard anything, and if their chairman's chucking the money in for now then they'll easily last the season out. It's next season he's going to have a nasty surprise and may reconsider bankrolling them. The National League has ruined Chorley's finances.
495 at chorley on Tuesday night
Never went near that in conference North. That said, before their triple promotion they were in level 8 Constantly struggling to get beyond 200 gates

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2020, 10:00:27 AM »
495 at chorley on Tuesday night
Never went near that in conference North. That said, before their triple promotion they were in level 8 Constantly struggling to get beyond 200 gates

Often happens josh ,  many assume promotion increases gates , winning games in a lower league draws bigger gates than getting promotion and losing games on a regular basis .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2020, 10:04:00 AM »
Come on guys we have to be careful when we start throwing the brown stuff about.   Glasshouses, Evans etc.   Certainly done for us, and lucky to be back where we are.

True semion ,  If Lynn go bust they will be in a better place than we were ,  their ground belongs to the council.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »
A very tough game for them today. Away to the best team I  have seen down York street this season.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late