Author Topic: Parking, new ground  (Read 4503 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Parking, new ground
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
Someone has asked me if there was plenty of parking at the new ground. I couldn't answer him. Anyone know?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Parking, new ground
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:59:24 PM »
I counted 385 spaces, 6 disabled and 4 for coaches via the stadium design.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Okay, thanks
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:46:52 PM »

That sounds about right, I asked the question at the AGM a few weeks ago and your figures definately ring a bell. The parking will also follow a system where all cars will filter in one way and after the game will proceed in the same direction around the stadium when leaving, no messing about reversing. I believe season parking passes will also be available.UTP.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 07:01:13 PM »
195 behind the North Stand terrace, 175 behind the main stand, 92 near the sportshall and 155 behind the South Stand terrace (36 reserved for the sports hall) on the original plan. This may obviously have changed.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 10:20:36 PM »

Are the coach spaces solely for the away team and away supporters? Or is there going to be a park and ride bus from Boston Town centre?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:21:32 PM »

Are the coach spaces solely for the away team and away supporters? Or is there going to be a park and ride bus from Boston Town centre?

I certainly hope so.
United we stand..................

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 08:36:06 AM »

Why would you have a park and ride from the town centre when there is a huge car park at the ground?

I understand the Chestnuts are pushing for scheduled bus services to start covering the new homes and the ground.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »

Why would you have a park and ride from the town centre when there is a huge car park at the ground?

I understand the Chestnuts are pushing for scheduled bus services to start covering the new homes and the ground.

It's not THAT huge. Based on the estimates provided to the club, a crowd of about 1750 means that the car park is full and people will have to ditch their vehicles somewhere else.... but it looks like all the residential streets nearby will be coned off. So while the vast majority of our league fixtures can be accommodated no problem, a Rochdale-size crowd will be pretty messy.

In any event, the Event Management Plan for the new ground states that there will indeed be a shuttle bus operating from Boston town centre, starting 75minutes prior to kick-off and running as and well full. The plan does mention scheduled bus services picking up some of the slack, but as you say these would have to be new services as none currently serve the A16.

Worth pointing out that the current plan also states that the car park exists must be kept closed for 10-15 minutes after the final whistle to allow spectators to clear across the A16 and away from the stadium. Worth bearing in mind if you're currently used to nipping out a couple of minutes early for a quick getaway.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 09:16:40 AM »
I imagine a crowd like the one we got last week v York (2155 attendance) and the 380 spaces at the car park will be full.

Regular buses from town centre on match days will be vital not only to ease the pressure on the car park but also keep those that don't drive still coming. 

Car parking at the ground which we don't really have at York Street is another revenue generator for the club. If on average we fill 300 spaces on a match day and charge £3 each that's £900, say we have 25 home matches as season including league & cups over a season that's £22,500 more than enough to pay a player for the season whilst we've got a part time squad. All these extra bits of revenue will add up and allow the club to be financially sustainable.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:20:28 AM by Lee Newell »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 12:04:45 PM »
A season parking pass at York Street is £100. Given the car park at the Quadrant will be much bigger and the stadium is unfortunately not as walkable from the town centre, I'd HOPE that the club would reduce the season passes to something around the £80 mark, with a standard drive-up fare in the region of £5 (otherwise there's no incentive to stump up for the cost upfront). It would be much better to have as many fans as possible signed up to the parking pass scheme as these cars can then just be waved through by stewards - the last thing the club wants is traffic backing up on the A16 while Dave rummages around in his pockets for that missing quid. Anything that helps the inevitable congestion pre-match must be made attractive to supporters.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
On a bridge over the a16 rebuild what used to be the railway as far as the quadrant and put a halt in as Boston united football ground

Now if anyone has a spare 100 million lying about....

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
The plan does mention scheduled bus services picking up some of the slack, but as you say these would have to be new services as none currently serve the A16.

I remember thinking about this before. You could serve the Quadrant housing estate, town centre and stadium with a circular bus route (going round both ways) that goes:

Bus Station > Boots > John Adams Way > High Street (stops)> A16 (ATS roundabout) > stadium (stop)> Quadrant housing estate (stop) > London Road, Wyberton (stops) > A15 (ATS roundabout) > Bus Station

Alternatively - but could be too long - rather than return via London Road, Wyberton, go down West End Road, via Chain Bridge and Sleaford Road.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »
Stamford has a dedicated motorcycle bay that takes 3 or 4. I'm hoping for the same.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
The plan does mention scheduled bus services picking up some of the slack, but as you say these would have to be new services as none currently serve the A16.

I remember thinking about this before. You could serve the Quadrant housing estate, town centre and stadium with a circular bus route (going round both ways) that goes:

Bus Station > Boots > John Adams Way > High Street (stops)> A16 (ATS roundabout) > stadium (stop)> Quadrant housing estate (stop) > London Road, Wyberton (stops) > A15 (ATS roundabout) > Bus Station

Alternatively - but could be too long - rather than return via London Road, Wyberton, go down West End Road, via Chain Bridge and Sleaford Road.

I could be wrong but I think if you delve into the Quadrant transport masterplans this exact kind of circular route is mentioned somewhere.