Author Topic: York Game  (Read 7316 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
York Game
« on: February 04, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
Is it me or is it a bit quiet on here considering the next couple of weeks can make or break us a little in terms of where we can finish the season. With York coming to town, and only a few Saturday home matches left we should, and the club should be banging the drum a bit louder to get some momentum in terms of numbers through the gates.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York Game
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »
A big match this one. Beat them and we'll be 6 points behind them with 2 games in hand. We'll then have a real chance of finishing above them. Both us and York will want to close then gap on Lynn.

With Lynn losing at the weekend and us winning, reducing the difference to us being 10 points behind them. 10 still feels like a lot of points to make up. But when you look at fixtures we have 9 home matches and 6 away. Lynn have the opposite, 6 at home and 9 away. Lynn are still big favourites to win the league but we've got half a chance still.  A good run in the next few weeks and it could be very close at the end of the season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 03:06:04 PM »
I'd rather it be quiet on here... no moaning about recent results, etc. Even if we lose, we're still going to be in a good position to make the play offs.

By the end of the month, we'll pretty much know where we should finish, and how high we are aiming. 5 home games out of 6 for the remainder of the month - only away trip is to Brackley.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »
Bloody Rubbish, all of em.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 06:03:12 PM »
A big match this one. Beat them and we'll be 6 points behind them with 2 games in hand. We'll then have a real chance of finishing above them. Both us and York will want to close then gap on Lynn.

With Lynn losing at the weekend and us winning, reducing the difference to us being 10 points behind them. 10 still feels like a lot of points to make up. But when you look at fixtures we have 9 home matches and 6 away. Lynn have the opposite, 6 at home and 9 away. Lynn are still big favourites to win the league but we've got half a chance still.  A good run in the next few weeks and it could be very close at the end of the season.

Unfortunately the cards are stacked in King's Lynn's favour for their next game at Gloucester on Monday evening.  They have a free Sat while Gloucester have a relegation dog-fight away at BPA before facing King's Lynn only 2 days later.  Despite this I hope Gloucester can do a Kidderminster on them and we can beat York.
United we stand..................

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 05:40:26 PM »
Great 3 - 1 win today and a magnificent performance against 2nd in the table.  Well done!

United we stand..................

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »
Great game and some awesome performances. Best performance of the season for me and there has been many.  Decent ref as well.  Big big game Tuesday.  Buzzing.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
Cracking performance!... and in front of a better crowd - I hope the extra supporters can remember the way to the ground for future games.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »
Believe
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 12:18:19 AM »
Excellent result against York,glad King's Lynn played you before you hit your recent run of good form. ;D

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 08:00:18 AM »
Great result! King's Lynn have a lot to thank us for too. Play Offs a-go-go!  :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 08:46:05 AM »
Great win, great permance, great tactics and add a little fortune and it all adds up to 3 points and a whole bunch of happy Pilgrims. Bring on Tuesday. And yes, dare to dream, it's all still to play for.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
I was moaning that the system wasn’t working just as we got the equaliser. Got to say I wasn’t convinced but credit to Craig it was a master stroke. Then to bring on pace towards the end of the game to expose a tiring defensive unit to see out the game easily. Bring on Tuesday.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 09:20:27 AM »
Great win etc etc..but where is OXO  ????

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 10:28:28 AM »
Cracking game, cracking ref.  Like many, when I saw the team sheet I was disappointed.  It looked like the team was set up for a draw at home.  CE got his tactics spot on.

So well done CE, well done lads, see you Tuesday :D :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late