Author Topic: York Game  (Read 7031 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York Game
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »
Really good match. Reminded me of Conference / FL days. Big crowd and good football played. An all round good team performance looking like a well organised team.

Was surprised to see the change in formation, leaving Rollins and top scorer Thewlis on the bench a bold decision.  Thought Penny in particular adapted well to the wing back role. Not sure if the formation change was to get Garner back into the team or a tactical identified particularly for this match. Either way it worked, we generally looked solid at the back with the back 3 all being top defenders at this level.

Got a bit of luck with the first goal deflection.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »
Looking ahead, York are in our sights now.  As for Kings Lynn they have back to back away games at Chester and Altrincham  coming up in the next couple of weeks..  Then let’s see how the League looks then.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
As a side issue we have a few fans that let our club down but no mention of the York p@@@ks that threw objects at our players after the third goal. Ref went to the fourth official immediately so will be interesting to see the out come.  And many commented why the police stand in the far corner as opposed to where the away fans are as they were clearly abusive to the seated part from minute one with chants that at premier clubs aren’t acceptable.  I’m fairly  liberal at times but I was a little shocked.  We always seem to get tarnished as a club with crap fans but at places like Kings Lynn etc we are treated with utter disdain but at home we let’s away support get away with murder.   During our FA Cup game at Carshalton two friendly police asked us to mind our language and were full of banter so we obliged so perhaps we should ensure the away fans respect us a little more.   

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »
Always been the same here, the OB were always looking to cuff a few locals and set an example while letting visiting fans get away with murder. Been like it all the years (43) I've been coming.

Good to see a 2000+ gate on a Saturday though, get used to that if we get promoted but sadly not at York St. Absolutely banging atmosphere again, I see some groundhopping blogs from the weekend admitting to astonishment that the ground is going and admiration for the game and atmosphere. Can't imagine the same being said for the new ground.......   

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 09:09:54 AM »
It's so good being a Pilgrim.
Great game and a fantastic crowd, the York fans looked gutted.
Yorks manager said that we were the better team and deserved to win, he gave a very honest opinion of the match, well done to him.
Can we win this league, yes if everything goes our way, we have to get points out of Chester, Brackley, Altrincham and Gateshead, if we can then there is a possibility of winning the league or at worst finishing in the top 2, but there is a long way to go yet for everyone.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »
Brilliant game with a great atmosphere. The reporter on Radio Lincolnshire after the game was extremely enthusiastic about the ground, the team and the atmosphere, urging more people to go and support us.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 01:59:14 PM »
Brilliant game with a great atmosphere. The reporter on Radio Lincolnshire after the game was extremely enthusiastic about the ground, the team and the atmosphere, urging more people to go and support us.
You would like to think that more people would turn out, but Saturday was a step in the right direction, with around 1700 home fans there.
I think the numbers will grow if we continue this run of form, but we need everyone to get behind us who have been following home and away, Tuesday night needs to be loud and proud.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".