Author Topic: Crazy New Year Resolution?  (Read 3723 times)

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Crazy New Year Resolution?
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
Guess I'll get shot down, even though I live nearly 300 miles away, but here goes!
If an eventual move to a new stadium is on the cards, could we aim to achieve that goal as a reunited, one-only major football club in Boston? Perhaps I'm poorly qualified to float such a thought, as I mainly have to follow the Pilgrims from a distance now, but I began supporting Boston United as a lad in the 1950's when average gates were around the 5000 mark, and we beat Derby County 6-1 in the FA cup at the Baseball ground! Loyalties to Boston Town or Boston United run deep with some of us, but perhaps the politics and hurts of history could be set aside, and an overiding and undivided passion for Boston could be achieved in the future. I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has raised this on the forum, but, any thoughts?

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy New Year Resolution?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
Good idea - an extra couple of dozen through United's gate would be welcome.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
U in deep waters there DP ..
  The only half successful amalgam was R&D s  in the 1990 s.
 That was achieved  by a wall of money coming from a local industrialist who forced Rushden Town and Irthingboro Diamonds together at  Irthlingboro.
  He built a v impressive stadium setup which muted the  grumbles. . Rushden were in a very  bad way anyway 
   Don't think we will have such a situ here ..

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »
There is another one.

Ilford Town + Leystonstone = Ilford & Leytonstone, then Leytonstone & Ilford, finally Redbridge Forest.

Redbridge Forest + Dagenham = Dagenham & Redbridge. I believe that we have come across them at some point.

stevie

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »
Once a year you will see me standing on Spayne Rd terrace with Devon Pilgrim but I,m afraid that I can't agree with this suggestion. Boston F C (Town) was born out of the demise of United and there have been many ideas put forward in the past about getting together for the better good. I have always been a Pilgrim - never a Poacher it's like asking fans of certain Manchester clubs to get together!!!!

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »
Boston Town wouldnt ever want to do that, and to be fair why should they.Good set up thriving youth set up and a team that play quality football.