Author Topic: v Blyth Spartans  (Read 7976 times)

semion

• View Profile
Re: v Blyth Spartans
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:38 PM »
Next Saturday is a real pivotal game in the season.  We turn York over leaves us 6 points adrift of The Minstermen  with 2 games in hand.  All teams have to go through a rough spot and can see yesterday being the start of Lynn’s (they haven’t had one yet).   

OBT. I could do with mates like yours who pay for me to get into games.   What was this boy Power like?  People been raving about him.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 12:39:53 PM »
Report on radio said as much. Numerous chances, dominated the game and Crook didn’t have much to do. Shame not reflected in score line. I said about last game we played that scoring goals is a real problem for us. Oh well I suppose a win by any score is good. I’m sure the players gave their all and I congratulate them on the win but it bothers me that the chaps we label goal scorers just aren’t doing it.

We've won 4 games in a row, the last 3 without conceding. Why doesn't this make you happy?!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 02:33:27 PM »
A win is a win, its 3 points and up to 3rd.
Went to watch Lynn yesterday only because my friend paid for me to go 
Kidderminster were as poor as they were against us, but Lynn have seriously been found out by a team that can keep possession.
Marriott was simply marked out of the game, and kiddi closed everything down in midfield.
Southwell was shocking and TBH he looks like a player that should be playing a league below, if he doesn't soon start to find sine kind of form, he will be massive expence hanging round the neck of Culverhouse, and he will be that for a couple of years to come.
I really think that Lynn have run out of steam, and after our next 3 games we will see if we are seriously in with a chance of the title.
An interesting point being made by a lot of Lynn fans yesterday is how long Marriott will remain at the club, apparently Culverhouse wants Lynn to be full time next season and half of the squad has said that they will only stay if they go full time.
The Chairman has said he cannot afford to do that by himself and will walk away before he does.
The big investment that was coming has stalled and looks dead in the water, and apparently they will have a budget deficit of £346000 by the end of the season.
The real fans are extremely worried and were shouting abuse at Culverhouse yesterday calling him a selfish T**t who is going to bring the club to its Knees.
But we will wait and see what happens, fans say things that are simply not true at times, l think they will be ok and probably win the league, then l am sure investors will flock in as they do.
I do expect Lynn to be full time next season and probably make it to the football league in 2 years time.

Win the league , "and then investors will flock in "   .   I think the information you collected from their fans could well be correct .   Culverhouse seems to use the bulling tactics and bullshit on the chairman like a previous manager of ours did .  look how we finished up !.      Don't think they will have investors flocking in to but money into the club .

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »
Nobody has yet mentioned the cost of upgrading their ground to national league standard let alone football league standard. 

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 03:34:33 PM »
I don't know what football league standards are, some of the league 2 grounds, don't look all that, but they still manage to get in the league.
Look at Salford for instance, in my eyes there ground is National league standard at best.
I am sure you could all name a ground that you think is below standard but still in the football league.
Lynn have very little parking facilities, and the ground has awful access to it from a policing and emergency services point of view, if the rail crossing barriers come down, you are screwed on a regular basis.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »
Firstly 86 I must say my pink has never been so tickled. We are doing extremely well. I am just saying are we in this position because our best in the league defence is keeping the goals against us to a minimum and allowing us to win by scoring a minimal number of goals. I personally think if it wasn’t for our defence we would have lost more games and been lower down the table.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 05:52:13 PM »
I am pretty sure that many clubs at our level would need to do work on their grounds to gain Step 1 grading.  It is not just a coat of Matt Paint OBT.   I guess we are lucky as everything will be brand new and up to standard ready for us to reclaim our rightful place.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 06:54:57 PM »
Firstly 86 I must say my pink has never been so tickled. We are doing extremely well. I am just saying are we in this position because our best in the league defence is keeping the goals against us to a minimum and allowing us to win by scoring a minimal number of goals. I personally think if it wasn’t for our defence we would have lost more games and been lower down the table.

It's not by luck that we have a good defensive record. Good teams are built from the back.

"if it wasn’t for our defence we would have lost more games" - clichéd flawed logic. It's how football works!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 08:10:40 PM »
Yep, we've been very good defensively, keeper, back 4 and Platt sitting in front of them are a solid unit. Only York and Brackley have conceded less than us this season, but 8 teams have scored more than us.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:15:28 PM by Lee Newell »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »
But surely that's what a team is all about,  everyone doing there jobs when called upon.
In my playing days, Defence kept the ball out of the net, Forwards put the ball in the net, and the Midfield won you possession and fed the forwards.
3 separate units playing on one pitch.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 08:08:46 AM »
Thanks people. A real intelligent and educational response to my comment. Just what a forum is about.
🧐