Author Topic: v Blyth Spartans  (Read 8031 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Blyth Spartans
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:57:08 PM »
4 wins and a draw is our best sequence of results this season.
Can we make it 5 and a draw with an away win at Blyth?
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Blyth Spartans
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 10:10:18 AM »
A win is vital, especially as York host Chester so at least one of them will drop points.

Blyth have conceded the most home goals out of everybody.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »
Anyone know of any radio commentary? Our end or Blyths end?
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 06:41:09 PM »
Anyone know of any radio commentary? Our end or Blyths end?

Blyth definitely have their online radio
Imagine radio lincs will do online comms

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
These bottom of the league sides are fighting to avoid relegation. I expect them to pack their defence to restrict our forwards and hit us on the break so I don`t envisage an easy game for us. Hope I am proved wrong, though.

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
Endeavour Radio say they are doing updates.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 04:56:18 PM »
Won 1-0.  York beating Chester 4-2 and Kidderminster  beating Kings Lynn 2-0 , Brackley losing 1-0 to Farsley.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:58:39 PM by Ernie100 »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »
Won 1 - 0 and now up to 3rd.
Great commentary from Blyth.
United we stand..................

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »
A terrific result. Lincoln lost 😊. Kl lost. All I need now is for Scotland to win. Happy day, so far.
Pleased that Rollins scored. Good reward for all his efforts.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »
Bring on York, BUFC 3rd but the leagues form team against a team 2nd in both the actual and form table.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 08:54:27 PM »
This result has surely cemented our play off spot? Well done lads!! :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 09:59:36 PM »
A long way back but at least it was all down hill. Must say with all the coughing and sneezing on the bus it was like being in a Chinese doctors surgery. A windy dificult day for football but we really dominated the game and if we had taken all the chances would have been out of sight. Jay scored but should have had a hatrick, others missed golden opportunities and this needs to be put right. Defence outstanding again with Crook not needing to make a serious save. I suppose we can all pick something to criticise, and then look at the league table and feel ridiculous.  UTP, And everyone get your arses down there next Saturday for the next really big game.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »
Report on radio said as much. Numerous chances, dominated the game and Crook didn’t have much to do. Shame not reflected in score line. I said about last game we played that scoring goals is a real problem for us. Oh well I suppose a win by any score is good. I’m sure the players gave their all and I congratulate them on the win but it bothers me that the chaps we label goal scorers just aren’t doing it.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 09:22:16 AM »
A win is a win, its 3 points and up to 3rd.
Went to watch Lynn yesterday only because my friend paid for me to go 
Kidderminster were as poor as they were against us, but Lynn have seriously been found out by a team that can keep possession.
Marriott was simply marked out of the game, and kiddi closed everything down in midfield.
Southwell was shocking and TBH he looks like a player that should be playing a league below, if he doesn't soon start to find sine kind of form, he will be massive expence hanging round the neck of Culverhouse, and he will be that for a couple of years to come.
I really think that Lynn have run out of steam, and after our next 3 games we will see if we are seriously in with a chance of the title.
An interesting point being made by a lot of Lynn fans yesterday is how long Marriott will remain at the club, apparently Culverhouse wants Lynn to be full time next season and half of the squad has said that they will only stay if they go full time.
The Chairman has said he cannot afford to do that by himself and will walk away before he does.
The big investment that was coming has stalled and looks dead in the water, and apparently they will have a budget deficit of £346000 by the end of the season.
The real fans are extremely worried and were shouting abuse at Culverhouse yesterday calling him a selfish T**t who is going to bring the club to its Knees.
But we will wait and see what happens, fans say things that are simply not true at times, l think they will be ok and probably win the league, then l am sure investors will flock in as they do.
I do expect Lynn to be full time next season and probably make it to the football league in 2 years time.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".