Author Topic: Do Kings Lynn have a back up plan.  (Read 16506 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do Kings Lynn have a back up plan.
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2020, 09:29:44 AM »

And yet people still think getting former players back is a good idea.....

It'll be interesting to see how Garner performs if he is able to get a run of games.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »
My view always has been its always dodgy to take players back once they have left,especially forwards.
Look at Paul Cavell when he came back,and same with Dayle. Very good player first time round, but frankly
didn't look anything like that for the few weeks he was here. Not bothered he did not sign.
You have got a good point there, Cav was awful when he returned.
Ricky Miller IMO has been the only one that l can remember that excelled when he had his second spell with us.

it's like taking a blockbuster movie and throwing out a sequel that just doesn't compare to the original. Anyone know the songs in Grease 2 for instance? Sometimes it's best just leaving things as they once were, and yes, of course there are plenty of exceptions, but it can more often than not to be a case of going to the well one too many times.

Oh I don’t know, I prefer Godfather2 to The Godfather.  We get Robert De Nero in the 2nd one and Luca Brassi doesn’t sleep with the fishes.  ;D

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
My view always has been its always dodgy to take players back once they have left,especially forwards.
Look at Paul Cavell when he came back,and same with Dayle. Very good player first time round, but frankly
didn't look anything like that for the few weeks he was here. Not bothered he did not sign.
You have got a good point there, Cav was awful when he returned.
Ricky Miller IMO has been the only one that l can remember that excelled when he had his second spell with us.

it's like taking a blockbuster movie and throwing out a sequel that just doesn't compare to the original. Anyone know the songs in Grease 2 for instance? Sometimes it's best just leaving things as they once were, and yes, of course there are plenty of exceptions, but it can more often than not to be a case of going to the well one too many times.

Oh I don’t know, I prefer Godfather2 to The Godfather.  We get Robert De Nero in the 2nd one and Luca Brassi doesn’t sleep with the fishes.  ;D
What about if the new Top gun movie is not as good as the old one, my fear is that it can't be, oh l just hope they do not try and bring back Goose, perhaps Maverick will wake up hear his shower running and then find Goose in there singing "Great Balls of Fire" and Maverick replies "they fecking will be if you ever scare me like that again " then Goose replies " oh Mav, you've lost that loving feeling".
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »
OBT,  now if they had made a film where Maverick went head to head with Topper Harley we would be talking serious Box Office.  Throw in Charley Babbitt and the first one to put Baby in the Corner loses.  :o

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 11:08:04 PM »
Hearing what money Southwell has signed for it's clear Dayle's a luxury well out of our price range. We wouldn't be able to get close to matching what Lynn are paying him. None of that is meant as a criticism. It is what it is. If Lynn are sustainable and can afford those kind of wages, fair play.

But I'm guessing sustainability isn't a word employed too often in the Kings Lynn boardroom..........
If they are not sustainable enough to buy pith covers, they cant possibly be sustainable on the player budget.
Looks like the budget is now well spent on a out of form injury prone striker, who has done absolutely nothing since his move to Wycombe.
They have taken a massive gamble on him, which l suspect Craig was not prepared to do, yes get him cheap if you can, but never pay over the odds because he was once a big name in non league.
If he was the superstar he thinks he still is, then Halifax wouldn't have let him go.
Good on Boston for not caving in and being conned by Dayle and his agent.
We have strikers who are scoring goals, and we will only sign those who are and have been.
We have some cash but we ain't about to splash, on any old crap.

Coming from a team that has a jam jar collection? :D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2020, 07:43:31 AM »
Hearing what money Southwell has signed for it's clear Dayle's a luxury well out of our price range. We wouldn't be able to get close to matching what Lynn are paying him. None of that is meant as a criticism. It is what it is. If Lynn are sustainable and can afford those kind of wages, fair play.

But I'm guessing sustainability isn't a word employed too often in the Kings Lynn boardroom..........
If they are not sustainable enough to buy pith covers, they cant possibly be sustainable on the player budget.
Looks like the budget is now well spent on a out of form injury prone striker, who has done absolutely nothing since his move to Wycombe.
They have taken a massive gamble on him, which l suspect Craig was not prepared to do, yes get him cheap if you can, but never pay over the odds because he was once a big name in non league.
If he was the superstar he thinks he still is, then Halifax wouldn't have let him go.
We have strikers who are scoring goals, and we will only sign those who are and have been.

To pay for extras for our own fans in our new stadium. KL are asking for handouts for something that they should already have...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 12:50:14 PM »
The Jam Jar collection is nothing to do with the club or the team. It was an idea by a fan to provide something specific for the fans in the new stadium, happily it has been well supported to the tune of £3,500 and will run until the end of the season. Supporters who have donated are the ones who choose how it will be spent so as I said nothing to with anybody other than the fans. Other clubs fans should consider doing the same even if they are not getting a new stadium.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2020, 12:54:12 PM »

Won't affect you lot mate, when it goes belly up you'll not have a club to support, let alone any supporters to club together.

I was going to say don't bite Mel but I see I'm a bit too late.....

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2020, 06:40:50 PM »

Won't affect you lot mate, when it goes belly up you'll not have a club to support, let alone any supporters to club together.

I was going to say don't bite Mel but I see I'm a bit too late.....

It was originally a suggestion from fans so that games didn't get called off. ;D