Author Topic: Do Kings Lynn have a back up plan.  (Read 16025 times)

semion

• View Profile
Re: Do Kings Lynn have a back up plan.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 09:56:49 AM »
If Dayle is on more than Marriot or Gash, then I would suspect Culverhouse’s phone would have been red hot these last few days. 

This guy Cleave the fans there seem to be buying into him.  Word I’ve had is that he is about to be joined by a heavyweight backer who was previously Chairman of a big Northern based Championship Club, and this is not the only offer.

All end in tears, just a case of when.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
Don’t give a monkeys to be honest, we’ve been there and done that.

BUFC just need to concentrate on getting as high in the league as we can.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
Indeed. It's just frustrating to have one club every season doing this - to be honest I never thought it'd be King's Lynn! But it is what it is. Funny though, they're at pains to stress they're not full time... but what they're paying Dayle is certainly a full time wage.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
Hearing what money Southwell has signed for it's clear Dayle's a luxury well out of our price range. We wouldn't be able to get close to matching what Lynn are paying him. None of that is meant as a criticism. It is what it is. If Lynn are sustainable and can afford those kind of wages, fair play.

But I'm guessing sustainability isn't a word employed too often in the Kings Lynn boardroom..........
If they are not sustainable enough to buy pith covers, they cant possibly be sustainable on the player budget.
Looks like the budget is now well spent on a out of form injury prone striker, who has done absolutely nothing since his move to Wycombe.
They have taken a massive gamble on him, which l suspect Craig was not prepared to do, yes get him cheap if you can, but never pay over the odds because he was once a big name in non league.
If he was the superstar he thinks he still is, then Halifax wouldn't have let him go.
Good on Boston for not caving in and being conned by Dayle and his agent.
We have strikers who are scoring goals, and we will only sign those who are and have been.
We have some cash but we ain't about to splash, on any old crap.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »
Indeed. It's just frustrating to have one club every season doing this - to be honest I never thought it'd be King's Lynn! But it is what it is. Funny though, they're at pains to stress they're not full time... but what they're paying Dayle is certainly a full time wage.
That's probably a tax fiddle.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2020, 12:10:30 PM »
Told you we had a back up plan.
Southwell is not a back up plan, just a bankrupt plan.
"I don't believe you""

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
It sounds as though you're all hoping the worst will happen so you can gloat and indulge in a bit of schadenfreude.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »
It sounds as though you're all hoping the worst will happen so you can gloat and indulge in a bit of schadenfreude.
I am honestly concerned about them, they won't survive another bankruptcy.
The club is so important to the Town, my cousin played for them during the 80s and loved his 3 seasons there.
Just do not trust the owner, l think he is though being put under immense pressure by Culverhouse to give him what he wants, as we all know what happened last time when the chairman said no to him, Culverhouse walked out the door.
Could be an Evan's v Malkinson situation developing.
"I don't believe you""

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
The name being thrown out there is Chris Akers.  Was something big in at Leeds.   Cannot say the name rings any bells with me

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
Absolutely do not want to see Lynn fail. I'd much rather have a proper rivalry with them than see them go pop again.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
My view always has been its always dodgy to take players back once they have left,especially forwards.
Look at Paul Cavell when he came back,and same with Dayle. Very good player first time round, but frankly
didn't look anything like that for the few weeks he was here. Not bothered he did not sign.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »
My view always has been its always dodgy to take players back once they have left,especially forwards.
Look at Paul Cavell when he came back,and same with Dayle. Very good player first time round, but frankly
didn't look anything like that for the few weeks he was here. Not bothered he did not sign.
You have got a good point there, Cav was awful when he returned.
Ricky Miller IMO has been the only one that l can remember that excelled when he had his second spell with us.
"I don't believe you""

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2020, 03:56:12 PM »
Ricky Miller IMO has been the only one that l can remember that excelled when he had his second spell with us.

And yet people still think getting former players back is a good idea.....

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 09:16:50 PM »

And yet people still think getting former players back is a good idea.....
it's like taking a blockbuster movie and throwing out a sequel that just doesn't compare to the original. Anyone know the songs in Grease 2 for instance? Sometimes it's best just leaving things as they once were, and yes, of course there are plenty of exceptions, but it can more often than not to be a case of going to the well one too many times.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:18:39 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »
Thought Mickey Nuttall was excellent when he came back in the Dr Martens winning campaign.  As for Cavell, he wasn’t bad per se, just past it to make him bad.

Dayle could have been good but injuries and lack of games have clearly taken their toll. He needs to play to get back to where he was but unless he does the business then can’t justify playing him.