Author Topic: V Brackley  (Read 7248 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Brackley
« on: January 19, 2020, 12:06:44 AM »
So our record is very poor against this team.
So let's have a big turn out on Tuesday evening to help turn this around.
They have a very good manager, who l would welcome here if Craig moved on, which l would be very dissapointed if he did.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Brackley
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:39:46 AM »
He annoys me somewhat bigging up their team and manager up so much in his interview almost as if he's in awe of them

They're only 5pts better off than us
Hope he doesn't set us up wrong just to counter their threat
Play to our strengths, got a full team to pick from more or less
Needs a big statement of intent like beating for once a top team to give me confidence we'll be OK in the playoffs
If we get there having lost to them all twice we may as well not take part

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
He annoys me somewhat bigging up their team and manager up so much in his interview almost as if he's in awe of them

They're only 5pts better off than us
Hope he doesn't set us up wrong just to counter their threat
Play to our strengths, got a full team to pick from more or less
Needs a big statement of intent like beating for once a top team to give me confidence we'll be OK in the playoffs
If we get there having lost to them all twice we may as well not take part
Very good point you make, l don't like it either how he does that, we must though as you say start beating those above us to really get this party started.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 05:02:52 PM »
Elliott always frustrates me with his praise of other teams, he’s probably just a really nice guy. I would love to beat Brackley but I would settle on 4 points over the next 2 games. I think 3rd is a realistic target and that would give us at least 1 more big game at York St with an outside chance of the play off from final.

What a dream ending that would be.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 10:25:36 PM »
A great win... against the run of play :)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »
A great win... against the run of play :)

1 nil win against run of play - sign of a good, promotion winning team that.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 10:42:38 PM »
Excellent result.. soaked up everything they threw at us. I thought a draw would be a good result but we snatched it...one bit if class in front of goal :) Dayle who ????

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:30 PM »
Until Dom Knowles pulled one out of the bag, a draw was looking like an extremely hard earnt point. We dug in, rode our luck, battled and in my opinion pinched an extremely unlikely winner. But total credit to all on that pitch for sticking with it. A first ever win against a side who must still be asking how they came away with nothing! Get in! Bring on Saturday.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 10:52:20 PM »
The type of win that shows how far we’ve come since last season.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 11:06:50 PM »
Excellent result.. soaked up everything they threw at us. I thought a draw would be a good result we snatched it...one bit if class in front of goal :) Dayle who ????

Don't talk to me about snatching it I had 0-0 on golden goal and what made it worse was Glen winning it, Bloody fiddle if you ask me. By the way I had the biggest amount of jam jars etc tonight than ever before, at least half a hundred weight of coins. Goodness knows how I will get them all to the bank probably a wheel barrow will do the trick.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 11:12:12 PM »
Well done to the Spayne Rd fans who applauded there team in a touch of class for a team that oozed quality nice to see the gesture all to often these things are missed about our support .  As for the three points so chuffed for the squad.  Just shows how we need to compete at the business end of the season   Final word for Crook outstanding I think three absolute outstanding saves plus the routine stuff.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 02:14:29 AM »
Great win which should cement our place in the top 7 by the end of the season.  :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 06:36:47 AM »
Well a good win and considering l would have taken a draw all game long, really made me happy.
I would think that Brackley must have the worst away support in this league considering they are in the top 5 nearly every season, l think less than 10 travelled last night, let's face it they are not a million miles away from us.
Who was the loud mouth fat boy idiot shouting the odds at Wilkin after the game, him and Wilkin seemed to be getting stuck in to each other.
I have seen them do it before,quite funny how the chap told Wilkin to jog on when the fat arse himself could probably only run to the nearest burger bar to stuff his fat face.
Fat man should be banned for life in my opinion, not a nice way to promote our club.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:45:34 AM by Old boy thin »
"I don't believe you""

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 07:14:14 AM »
Back to the game for a moment. I felt we caused ourselves a lot of problems with all that passing backwards to our defence. The number of times we lost possession in our own half was daft and gave Brackley lots of attacking opportunities.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
I agree Oops - a risky tactic that could easily have cost us on another day. There was space in behind their full backs last night and a safer option may have been to keep knocking the ball into those channels, rather than try and navigate through the midfield. Having watched KL again at the weekend, I really think we need a CF who can hold the ball up. I just don't think CE really likes playing that way.

TEP