Author Topic: Southport game  (Read 6380 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Southport game
« on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »
Fellow pilgrims travelling to the game should be aware that Southport play in black and amber so probably best to avoid this clothing if possible to avoid making the mistake I made several years ago. Incidentally what is Boston's away strip so I can be prepared?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Southport game
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »
Sky blue.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:13:28 PM »
As a reminder to those travelling re: tickets.

Below is taken from Southport's website and you can save yourself a few pennies if you buy today/tomorrow morning before setting out.

I bought mine earlier today using the print-at-home option - the system works very efficiently.

Admission Prices
ADMISSION PRICES 2019-20
Our 2019/20 admission prices offer online tickets bought in advance a 10% discount on all purchases.

We would therefore encourage all supporters home and away to buy a ticket in advance. The online discount is in place until Noon for a Saturday game and 4pm for a midweek match. Buy Online HERE

There will be no cash turnstiles in operation at the Blowick end of the main stand. Home supporters who wish to sit in the Blowick end of the stand will need to purchase online or in the shop.

Turnstiles will be either cash or ticket and clearly signed – there will be no dual purpose turnstile.

Home & Away Fans on the day entry for 2019/20
Adults: Main Stand: £15  Terracing: £13.50
Concessions (Over 65 & Students with ID)  Main Stand: £11 Terracing: £10
Age 12-18’s  All Areas: £5
Under 11’s All Areas: FREE (with paying adult)

Turnstiles 1-4 Away Supporters only.

Any visiting supporter who hasn’t bought a ticket online will need to visit our Club Shop/Ticket Office to buy a ticket at full price before entering the ground. The shop closes at 2.55 and after that ticket sales switch to our 1881 Lounge. You are strongly advised to arrive early if buying a ticket on the day

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:41:20 PM »
Anybody know if we can get a pint at the game

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »
Incidentally what is Boston's away strip so I can be prepared?

Here it is at the recent game at Bradford Park Avenue

See you tomorrow.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
Victory... 3-1
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:52:08 PM »
A couple of minutes to go 1 - 3 - yippee

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 05:04:49 PM »
3 - 1 win away from home.  Well done!  Great return after injury for And Thanoj scoring 2.  Still in 5th place but now on our own.
United we stand..................

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
Brilliant result! Bring on Brackley. 4000 at Lynn today

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
Absolutely fantastic

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 07:00:01 PM »
Arrived home about 45 mins ago after a very pleasant drive back to Bolton, despite the awful route it is to Southport across Lancashire.

After a fairly slowish start for the first 10-15 mins when Southport had most of the play, it was a game which we might well have won 6-1 and not been flattered by such a scoreline.

An excellent  all-round team performance today. The team looks so much better balanced with Thanoj back and just the two playing up-top.

I'm sure the usual guys will be posting their detailed match reports and their take on things, but I must mention the two excellent quick fire saves Peter Crook made whilst it was 1-0. Even a couple of Southport fans I was talking to (sat in the away section of the main stand) were applauding.

Both said they were impressed by our play, mentioning four of our players in particular (by shirt number) as the type of players they wished Southport had - Abbott, Thanoj, Knowles & Thewlis.

One of them was even reminiscing about when we won there in the FA Cup in the early 1970s as a NPL side and they were in the Football League 4th Division. Both he and I were at that game as teenagers and we"re both now in our 60s. Talk about making you feel old!! Lol!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 07:22:56 PM »
Well done lads, am away with the missus for our annual hollipops. Very pleasant surprise.  :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
Hurry up with your report Oxo.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 09:17:36 PM »

Just got back so here it is Prof. First thing to say is the team in general looked fresh and well rested. I agree with what KP says in his post regarding the early part of the first half however, We gradually got on top of them the free kick from which the goal came from was Thewlis doing what he does best ie: running directly at em and being pulled back by a defender who had already been booked and should have had a second yellow ( in fairness he squared it up later when Whittle could have received a second yellow so fair enough). Great to see Thanoj step up and replicated the Carshalton goal the keeper admiring it flying in the top corner, a thing of beauty. Second half we were comfortable and playing some good stuff and that good enterprising play lead to a lovely goal with quick accurate passing in a neat triangle leading to a peach of a cross from Woolford that saw Thanoj power in an unstopable header, two nil and comfortable still creating openings and then the usual, A long throw (which really was their only real threat all game) bounced three times before it was headed in. It looked as though the last ten minutes could be awkward but they created very little and our third goal was quite amusing for us standing by the corner as we were saying to Thanoj give it to Woolford then keep it in the corner and run down the clock but the bugger wouldn't listen and crossed it straight on to the head of Ainge who almost tore the net. In all very satisfying and very encouraging a very long journey but thank you boys for making it worth it. UTP   

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 09:32:36 PM »

Just got back so here it is Prof. First thing to say is the team in general looked fresh and well rested. I agree with what KP says in his post regarding the early part of the first half however, We gradually got on top of them the free kick from which the goal came from was Thewlis doing what he does best ie: running directly at em and being pulled back by a defender who had already been booked and should have had a second yellow ( in fairness he squared it up later when Whittle could have received a second yellow so fair enough). Great to see Thanoj step up and replicated the Carshalton goal the keeper admiring it flying in the top corner, a thing of beauty. Second half we were comfortable and playing some good stuff and that good enterprising play lead to a lovely goal with quick accurate passing in a neat triangle leading to a peach of a cross from Woolford that saw Thanoj power in an unstopable header, two nil and comfortable still creating openings and then the usual, A long throw (which really was their only real threat all game) bounced three times before it was headed in. It looked as though the last ten minutes could be awkward but they created very little and our third goal was quite amusing for us standing by the corner as we were saying to Thanoj give it to Woolford then keep it in the corner and run down the clock but the bugger wouldn't listen and crossed it straight on to the head of Ainge who almost tore the net. In all very satisfying and very encouraging a very long journey but thank you boys for making it worth it. UTP

Alright I know it was Shiels but Aingee said thanks.