Author Topic: Spendymoor  (Read 4847 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Spendymoor
« on: January 14, 2020, 07:33:25 PM »
Postpone game 30 minutes prior to kick off, what a tin pot set up. I’m sure Altrincham team and fans are really chuffed.

Oops

• View Profile
Re: Spendymoor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 07:57:00 PM »
Altrincham fans really miffed about this. Hope they make an official complaint to FA. More complaints from as many other clubs as possible would be good but I doubt if the FA have the will or the backbone to do anything about the joke that is Spennymoor. FA should stand for fat arsed jelly babies, spineless.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »
Postpone game 30 minutes prior to kick off, what a tin pot set up. I’m sure Altrincham team and fans are really chuffed.

The Spennymoor website says  that the Referee called the game off at 6-30pm,not 7-15pm.

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2020/01/14/club-statement-altrincham-postponement/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:01:36 AM »
That’s ok then ? , suspect the team were nearly there and the fans will have done most of the 140 odd miles to get there only to turn back. At least BUFC had the sense to have the pitch inspected early to prevent team/fans having to make a wasted journey.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »
On the previous night, Royston v Stourbridge was postponed when the Stourbridge bus was five minutes from the ground. Not nice.

I think the fixture chiefs for the league should work harder to ensure the long distance trips are played in the months of August and September so at least some of the pain could be averted.

TEP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 09:11:05 AM »
I see on that Twitter thing ;D a Spennymoor fan was slagging us off for postponing yesterday's match. He's very quiet today.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
On the subject of Twitter, have a look at Stephen Cleeve, the King's Lynn Chairman. He's not happy because supporters are buying child tickets online and then getting through the turnstiles with them :) - you couldn't make it up !

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »
The Twitter feed is quite hilarious.  The guy is going after a few folk for a few quid when old news articles about him hardly sets up a pious backdrop......

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/midasextra/article-1691821/Shady-truth-behind-UKIPs-Stephen-Cleeve.html

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
Cannot believe some of things that people get away with time and time again.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 01:00:48 PM »
The Twitter feed is quite hilarious.  The guy is going after a few folk for a few quid when old news articles about him hardly sets up a pious backdrop......

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/midasextra/article-1691821/Shady-truth-behind-UKIPs-Stephen-Cleeve.html

They don't half seem to attract some chancers down at The Walks don't they?

I remember a former associate of Evans and major club sponsor showing up there and it ending badly.

Can't see it ending well

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »
Several clubs have the problem of people buying online child tickets for adults and it can cost them alot of money. Not sure why people think this is funny ,they certainly wouldn't if they found them selves next to someone who had paid alot less to get in by cheating the system, and it may well happen to Boston at the new ground. Won't seem so funny then when the club loses more over a season than has been collected in the jam jar coin project.
As for Spennymoor , just give it a rest , all clubs have these issues at times.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »
MDF, the funny part isn't the people buying the tickets, it's the reaction of the chairman who is threatening to publicly name and shame those he "thinks" are involved in the matchday programme whilst having a reported past of being involved with various nefarious businesses involving alcoholic investments and land with made up planning permission that have alledgedly fleeced the general public of a figure that exceeds any ticket dodgers crime by several added zeroes. 

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 05:25:16 PM »
The National League should have dealt with Spennymoor's cavalier attitude to its competition and fixtures ages ago.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
On the previous night, Royston v Stourbridge was postponed when the Stourbridge bus was five minutes from the ground. Not nice.

I think the fixture chiefs for the league should work harder to ensure the long distance trips are played in the months of August and September so at least some of the pain could be averted.

TEP

Totally agree regarding fixture chiefs and something I've thought for a long time. BUFC v Gateshead was scheduled for 21st December originally, four days before Christmas. Now on the balance of probability the weather might be bad around that time and there's an increased risk of the game being off. If that happens you've then got a midweek arrangement in January, just as risky, and a long journey for the away side meaning a pitch inspection has to be arranged early.

By comparison, we played Bradford Park Avenue (for the sake of argument) in early September. That game would never have been in any serious risk in terms of the weather, and it's a lot shorter journey. So it would have made more sense to play Gateshead in September and Bradford just before Christmas. BPA would then have been postponed, but the shorter distances involved would have meant any pitch inspections could be delayed until a little bit later in the day. Additionally, and again because of the distances, you'd probably get more BPA fans travelling away in midweek than you would from Gateshead.

I know planning fixtures isn't easy. But you could throw a blanket over Spennymoor, Blyth, Darlington and Gateshead. Throw York into the mix and consider they're all playing each other home and away, and you've got enough matches to fill two months of the season. Make that the winter months, and travel to the rest of the country before and after that range of dates. Expect to see South Shields as well next year which will add to the conundrum.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:05:02 PM by leicester pilgrim »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 09:17:56 AM »
L.P Stop coming on here and talking sense this is not what this site is about. See you this afternoon at Southport mate.