Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 6918 times)

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
Darlington
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »
Darlington 1-0 up in Trophy. If it stays like this we will not have a game on Saturday, will help to get some players fit.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:42:56 PM »

Darlington win 1-0 so no match on saturday

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »
Excellent news, the players need a rest and hopefully get some of these injuries cleared up now. UTP

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 06:55:04 AM »
Also gives my wallet a chance to rest, all these games has seen it suffer fatigue.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 08:08:51 AM »
Also gives my wallet a chance to rest, all these games has seen it suffer fatigue.

Luckily I've a season ticket so its not such a hardship but the club should have looked at the fixture pile up this month and done some sort of ticket deal either for the 3 midweek games or the 5/6 games in the month. 6 home games for a paying customer is £90 in the stand, thats a lot of money in a traditionally tight month for money, especially in a low income area like Boston. The Curzon game was always going to be a smaller than average gate so it would have been the ideal opportunity to wheel out an initiative over Xmas to keep interest up in the club.

The club are really going to have to up their game in the new ground, it'll be a hard sell for a lot to trail out to Wyberton on a cold Tuesday night to watch unattractive opponents, personally I think 894 would be a decent gate out there, I really think you can chop a couple of hundred off that for a similar game out there. The new ground should be a new start with new, fresh ideas especially in ticketing games with little appeal to anyone except the diehards.

And before the usual bores start with the personal stuff I have to say the club got the ticketing and pricing bang on for the Rochdale games, it was a step in the right direction. But that kind of awareness needs to be carried forward throughout the rest of the season.   

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 12:59:49 PM »
Agree NF that would certainly have helped.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »
An ideal solution would be a mini discount. Say a book of 4 tickets for the next 4 home games.  The cost being for the price of three. This would give the club advance payment and ensures a good gate for a cold Tuesday night. Just an idea.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 04:55:32 PM »
Blank Saturdays are bad for any football club. Still, why not pop along and watch Lincolnshire's currently most successful club this season - Skegness Town FC. Top of the NCEL Division One, they have a home game v Dronfield Town this Saturday k.o. 3:00pm at their relatively new Vertigo Stadium in Wainfleet Road.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »
An ideal solution would be a mini discount. Say a book of 4 tickets for the next 4 home games.  The cost being for the price of three. This would give the club advance payment and ensures a good gate for a cold Tuesday night. Just an idea.

Exactly that.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 06:17:49 PM »
Blank Saturdays are bad for any football club. Still, why not pop along and watch Lincolnshire's currently most successful club this season - Skegness Town FC. Top of the NCEL Division One, they have a home game v Dronfield Town this Saturday k.o. 3:00pm at their relatively new Vertigo Stadium in Wainfleet Road.

Is it called Vertigo on account of having two rows of seats :P

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 08:17:20 PM »
Start doBig deals on blocks of tickets, where then is the encouragement to buy a season ticket at the start of the season?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »
Season tickets work out at about half price entry. A one off deal over a busy period to help out cash strapped fans, will only pay dividends. Not a massive saving but a small gesture to help club and fan.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »
As a season ticket holder I have no objection.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 11:09:15 PM »
Season tickets work out at about half price entry. A one off deal over a busy period to help out cash strapped fans, will only pay dividends. Not a massive saving but a small gesture to help club and fan.

Season ticket holders get about 35% discount for paying up front.
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:55 AM »

Season ticket holders get about 35% discount for paying up front.

Maths not my strongest subject :) 35% saving over the season, against 25% saving over a 4 game 3 week period.  I know it would not suit everyone, but last Tuesday was like a graveyard.