Author Topic: BPA away  (Read 7346 times)

joebloom9

• View Profile
Re: BPA away
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 11:21:02 AM »

One moan for me from yesterday... last season Brad Abbott was given a straight red card away at Ashton United for foul and abusive language towards one of the officials. A lot of people heard what was said, and it was very difficult to disagree the decision. In the first half yesterday I heard Dom Knowles say something to the linesman which must have put him on very thin ice, by the standards of what happened with Abbott last year I'd have had no real complaints if another red card had come out. We do need to be careful here, it'll cost us if we go down to ten men too often and keep having suspensions to deal with. I stood at BPA yesterday on the opposite side from where a lot of our fans were... not sure if anyone else heard what I did, but the dugouts may have done.

I heard it, was also that side of the pitch. I was surprised no action was taken to be honest. Fat C*** he called the linesman! Lucky to get away with it? Didn't realise players could say that sort of thing and no action.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 02:18:25 PM »
Jake Wright is lucky not to be leaving with a 3 match suspension after his off the ball assault on their keeper. He's a liability at times and reacts badly much like Middleton did last season when he was getting slated.  Lucky not to be sent of as the linesman saw it and the referee consulted him.  If he had been sent off it could have cost us.

Much as I like his wholehearted approach, he's never far from a booking or worse. Some of us on the Spayne Road side reckon when he's playing that they ought to ditch the Golden Goal competition and go for the minute he gets booked instead.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 03:09:41 PM »
You'd hate to defend against him...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 05:22:02 PM »
Looks like Jake Wright has been recalled.
If you want to know anything just ask me. Then ignore it. Jake here till the end of the season.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »
Despite what I wrote earlier, I'm very happy about this!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 06:06:12 PM »
If you want to know anything just ask me. Then ignore it. Jake here till the end of the season.

Nothings changed mate , recall you always beat the Boston Standard with the BUFC  "breaking news " 40 years ago .   Now your beating all comers in social media  ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »

Nothings changed mate , recall you always beat the Boston Standard with the BUFC  "breaking news " 40 years ago .   Now your beating all comers in social media  ;)

Pete, you know my information had a good chance of being 50% correct. ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late