Author Topic: BPA away  (Read 7015 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BPA away
« on: January 04, 2020, 03:09:10 PM »
1-0 up, Dom Knowles after 45 seconds.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BPA away
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 04:04:03 PM »
2-1 up at half-time. Ainge scored our second.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »
Finished 2 - 1 and those 3 points lifts us to 6th place with games in hand on those around us.  Hope for another 3 points on Tues evening v Curzon Ashton.
United we stand..................

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
Had a moan after the Lynn game so I thought I would praise the team. Excellent win, BPA may be bottom of the league but 3 points away from home should always be celebrated.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »
Yes well done lads
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 08:02:22 PM »
Another bloody awful game but 3 points so I am at least happy with that. People need to know that the pitch was the worst we have played on this season it was really back to Avenue at its worst. Our first goal looked like we were still warming up with short passes and Knowles passed it into the net quite funny really as the lads who wern't playing came and sat with us and didn't know after half an hour that we were one nil up. As I said the pitch was awful and both teams found it hard to play any sort of football. Tha second goal was a corner that beat everyone and landed at the back post at the feet of Ainge who almost lifted the netting off. Within a minute slipping and sliding we allowed their captain to hit a really good shot from the edge of the box that flew past Crooks. From then on it was anybodies game with chances at both ends. For me there were two outstanding players and they were Garner and Penny. Awful game but up to sixth and hopefully refreshed for Tuesday.  UTP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 10:06:08 PM »
From what I hear and read it was 3 important points but little else to cheer for 90 minutes. The end result is the most important statistic on days like today, especially when results elsewhere played a big part in us being 6th tonight. We’ve made ground on the teams around us today, and that is significant.. If you’d asked back in early August if a playoff  place on Jan 4th was good enough, I’d like to think most of us would say yes. Ugly wins on poor pitches are still wins. Bring on Tuesday and let’s hope Fortress Boston returns after a blip at New Year.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 08:48:18 AM »
Agree with Oxo's post. In addition to the pitch being poor the wind was also a big factor in yesterday's game. It was very blustery and a lot of aerial balls were being held up by the wind and not reaching the player's they were aimed at. Will reiterate that Penny had a very good game, and also thought Ashley Jackson made some great overlapping runs and put some good crosses in during the second half.

One moan for me from yesterday... last season Brad Abbott was given a straight red card away at Ashton United for foul and abusive language towards one of the officials. A lot of people heard what was said, and it was very difficult to disagree the decision. In the first half yesterday I heard Dom Knowles say something to the linesman which must have put him on very thin ice, by the standards of what happened with Abbott last year I'd have had no real complaints if another red card had come out. We do need to be careful here, it'll cost us if we go down to ten men too often and keep having suspensions to deal with. I stood at BPA yesterday on the opposite side from where a lot of our fans were... not sure if anyone else heard what I did, but the dugouts may have done.

Well done to BPA on their ground improvements from last season. They've put fencing up inside the athletics track and fans can now stand on the track and watch the game... much closer to the action than we were previously. Have also moved the dugouts to the opposite side of the pitch, where they'll be less of an obstruction to those in the main stand. Yesterday's game was a much easier watch as a result of the improvements (even if it does mean you hear all the expletives).

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
I was there with my camera so there are the usual snaps on Twitter (kenafox), Facebook and a selection on my website: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/bradfordparkavenue040120.html

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 07:16:51 PM »
Just seen the highlights and it looks like there's a couple of very decent saves from Crook. That can't do his confidence any harm whatsoever.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »
where are highlights posted please?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 08:45:13 PM »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
Looks like Jake Wright has been recalled.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 10:06:17 PM »
Just watched Garners post BPA match interview and have to say his enthusiasm is great. He just exudes positivity. Makes u glad he’s back.
Shame about Jake. Craig said York were changing their mind about him last week.
I think we still need a live wire up front, even more so now.

Stannington Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
Jake Wright is lucky not to be leaving with a 3 match suspension after his off the ball assault on their keeper. He's a liability at times and reacts badly much like Middleton did last season when he was getting slated.  Lucky not to be sent of as the linesman saw it and the referee consulted him.  If he had been sent off it could have cost us.