Author Topic: The Rise of King's Lynn  (Read 2928 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
The Rise of King's Lynn
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
How have they managed to rise above us and seemingly all the other established NLN clubs?

Have they come into money? Have they just got a great manager who knows how to get the best out of average (cheap) players? Doing some research on their Chairman, he seems to have had a colourful and controversial past. Is he behind the success?

On another point, I've heard rumours that top scorer Adam Marriott is potentially going to Colchester.

TEP

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of King's Lynn
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:32:22 AM »
I think they have recruited really well within their means.
The management have done really well in getting the best out of what they have got.
The players really fight for each other, and also compliment the style they play.
I think if they go up, they will financially struggle to survive, and will need to make some improvements to the ground.
I think that they lease the ground from the council, but l may be wrong.
The chairman is a odd character, and did have a massive fall out with calderwood the previous time he managed there.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »
How have they managed to rise above us and seemingly all the other established NLN clubs?

Have they come into money? Have they just got a great manager who knows how to get the best out of average (cheap) players? Doing some research on their Chairman, he seems to have had a colourful and controversial past. Is he behind the success?

On another point, I've heard rumours that top scorer Adam Marriott is potentially going to Colchester.

TEP

We have a brilliant manager who gets the absolute best out of every player. It's a well drilled team where every player knows their job and we're lucky that is someone is injured despite having a small squad someone comes in and does just as well - take Ross Barrows for example. Never played centre half before this season but has been excellent in the games he's played there.

Also a bit harsh to call our players average - Marriott, Gash & Jarvis to name three are far from that.

We have a way of playing that the manager won't change, it's basically the same squad that won promotion last season and winning in a nice habit!

Personally I still don't expect to win the league (think York will) but we're certainly enjoying the ride. Who wouldn't if you were favourites to be relegated in August.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
We have a brilliant manager who gets the absolute best out of every player.

Couldn't do it at Grantham, though. If he leaves you (again), do you think you'd struggle?

Also a bit harsh to call our players average - Marriott, Gash & Jarvis to name three are far from that.

I didn't read it as him calling your players average, but asking if he had turned average players into a good team.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
I thought Jordan Richards was very good when we played him in midfield (not so much as a full back) and am slightly surprised he has not ended up playing at a higher level than ours.

In contrast (and I know he is a new signing and has been a sub so far I think), Tom Ward looked like he would be good but made too many mistakes that cost goals - a Trinity pal of mine said the same. Does anyone know if he is more consistent now?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 09:08:29 PM »

TEP

We have a brilliant manager who gets the absolute best out of every player. It's a well drilled team where every player knows their job and we're lucky that is someone is injured despite having a small squad someone comes in and does just as well - take Ross Barrows for example. Never played centre half before this season but has been excellent in the games he's played there.

We have a way of playing that the manager won't change, it's basically the same squad that won promotion last season and winning in a nice habit!

Personally I still don't expect to win the league (think York will) but we're certainly enjoying the ride. Who wouldn't if you were favourites to be relegated in August.
Out of interest, what was Culverhouse suspended for when he was a coach at Villa.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".