Author Topic: Structures?  (Read 20157 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Re: Structures?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 10:37:05 AM »
A link to the business model for the running of the club can be found here:

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/2560601/Fans-forum-slideshow-now-online

This doesn't contain any 'new stadium costings' but simplifies how the Chestnuts see the long term future of Boston United, and how they can see it running as a viable business. It also gives a small insight into how they intend to aquire planning permission for a new stadium.

This article is dated 2ND April 2009 and is taken from the fans forum on 25TH March 2009.

Hope this helps.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
Yes you are right SP Laverflow could not present any sort of feasable funding , which made it easy for the council to reject the plans.. But that apart the plans presented would not be appropriate for a club our size.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
This talks of structuring the club, not structuring any debts/costs involved in a stadium development.

Lots of good will there will help gain planning permission, but financing a new stadium is more than a good social club, or people through a turnstile.

Dont mean to sound negative, but if the club needs to move in 9 years, (less than that now), then there needs to be some other plan in Davids mind to generate the upfront finance needed, just prelim costs of land and planning etc could be over a couple of million

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

This doesn't contain any 'new stadium costings' but simplifies how the Chestnuts see the long term future of Boston United, and how they can see it running as a viable business. It also gives a small insight into how they intend to aquire planning permission for a new stadium.

This article is dated 2ND April 2009 and is taken from the fans forum on 25TH March 2009.

Hope this helps.

Thanks qwerty. I am unable to open it at the moment due to 3 other laptops stealing the bandwidth  :o  I'll try again later.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
This talks of structuring the club, not structuring any debts/costs involved in a stadium development.

Lots of good will there will help gain planning permission, but financing a new stadium is more than a good social club, or people through a turnstile.

Dont mean to sound negative, but if the club needs to move in 9 years, (less than that now), then there needs to be some other plan in Davids mind to generate the upfront finance needed, just prelim costs of land and planning etc could be over a couple of million

I agree with what you say Pilgrims67. Interesting times ahead. After spending a little time with David & Neil I'm sure that If anybody can pull all this together then they can, and all we can do is support them in anyway they ask, which at the moment is through the turn styles, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support other club events.

Hope this helps.

Thanks qwerty. I am unable to open it at the moment due to 3 other laptops stealing the bandwidth  :o  I'll try again later.

OK, Don't get too excited, it might not be what your looking for :)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
Like the majority have £1000 to spare Patrick.

Most of our fans have much more pressing needs than spending that kind of money on the football club.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »
Often thought about the benefits of this, trouble is hypothetically,. if 1000 took the deal at £1k per ticket, you have a Million pounds in the bank, however that has to last you 10 years,
I think the club needs regular sustainable income streams rather than one big lump

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »
I agree with what you say Pilgrims67. Interesting times ahead. After spending a little time with David & Neil I'm sure that If anybody can pull all this together then they can, and all we can do is support them in anyway they ask, which at the moment is through the turn styles, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support other club events.

The Chestnuts have done a great job so far in just keeping the club going against all the odds.
So...if the fans support them as much as possible, then the various parts of the club continue to operate, generating as much goodwill as possible in the community over the next < 9 years, and then, when we have to move out of York St, we will get something back from the various parts of the community that stand to benefit from the continued existance of Boston United FC.
Simple and idyllic. If anyone can do it then Neil and David can. They've saved the club once already that we know of, and probably several more times since they took over.
The business plan is introduced as their 'vision of the future', and it is more of a vision than a plan. Hopefully it can develop into something that will ensure that the clubs future is in its own hands.